• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Government Excuses

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
GOP Rep. Proposes Bill Allowing Americans to Use the Same ‘Flimsy, Obviously Made-Up Excuses’ as Government Officials | Video | TheBlaze.com

1. The dog ate my tax receipts
2. Convenient, unexplained, miscellaneous computer malfunction
3. Traded documents for five terrorists
4. Burned for warmth while lost in the Yukon
5. Left on table in Hillary’s Book Room
6. Received water damage in the trunk of Ted Kennedy’s car
7. Forgot in gun case sold to Mexican drug lords
8. Forced to recycle by municipal Green Czar
9. Was short on toilet paper while camping
10. At this point, what difference does it make?
Obviously this won't become law; but the irony of what the government forces on is is quite sad, and so this can hopefully provide you with some humor.

What excuse would you add?

11. I was saving them on a website that works...sometimes, and even then... The data is questionable.

dDave

V.I.P.
12. I was planning to present them to the IRS when they asked to audit me but realized my documents would incriminate me so I destroyed them.

The excuses the government has been allowed to come up with recently has been nothing short of astounding. How can so many people just blindly follow without question? Doesn't anyone care that our leaders are taking our country to hell in a handbasket?

I want to blame the media but it's hugely due to an attitude of apathy among much of the population.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
13. I moved and can't find them.

I don't think excuses should work for them unless they can work for everyone else. They should be held accountable just like we would.