• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox 360 Got XBOX 360!

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
$2025.00 Lets see if they pay. I have already submitted a best offer to the 2nd highest bidder.

Wrecked

Registered Member
i see these crazy/outrageous prices for the 360 on ebay, but how many of them are legit?

if you look at the bid history, 80%+ of the xboxes have had new users bid on them 4-5 times in a row, just to jack the price up. is it sony/nintendo fan boys [ or just A holes ] bidding numberous times on the same item so that the price was so high that no "legit" buyer would actually bid on them? or is it the buyer using multiple new accounts [ or friends ] to bid on their item so that the price goes up hoping that someone that really wants one bids on it.

either way it's going to be a mess. i think the only legit auction that went well ended around 650+. i just checked ebay a few minutes ago and one was going for 5k and had like 3-4 different new accounts that bid on it numberous times.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
good call dude-
My auction went to a fraud bidder. I knew when it went off it was too good to be true. Sucks.

Wrecked

Registered Member
Spence and to anyone else that plans to sell a 360 -

sell on craigslist. i read a story where the seller decided to use craigslist rather than ebay. he put the premium system at $600 and took a nap. when he woke up he had a few emails and voice mails. while checking his voice mails he got an incoming call and answered it. the guy offered $800 cash for the xbox, they met up and the transaction went well.

rumor - microsoft told ebay to start pulling the 360 from it's site cause it's considered scalping [ or something of that sort ]. we'll find out if it's true in a few hours or days.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
spence said:
good call dude-
My auction went to a fraud bidder. I knew when it went off it was too good to be true. Sucks.
Im sorry...what happened? How did you tell he was fraud? That is just utterly stupid.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
The person that bought mine was using a stolen account. Which means someone got the email that said 'ebay needs to update your account' and they responded to it. I've got my friend's going now, if the same thing happens, I will go with craigs or do a buy it now auction. I just need to get my fees back from ebay.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
spence said:
The person that bought mine was using a stolen account. Which means someone got the email that said 'ebay needs to update your account' and they responded to it. I've got my friend's going now, if the same thing happens, I will go with craigs or do a buy it now auction. I just need to get my fees back from ebay.
Thats a load of ....:mad: Hopefully you will sell.