• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox 360 Got XBOX 360!

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, I waited in line with 3 other people since 7pm last night and just finally got back home, with 4 Premium XBOX 360's and 4 Perfect Dark Collectors Edition games.

I won't be playing it though, because after checking eBay, tons of them are selling for over $2,000 a pop. I can wait to play it if it means an enough to buy 4 360's later.

Who else got one/some?

Thermal

Registered Member
Got mine just after midnight. I thought about selling mine, but between the wait, not having an ebay account, and the amount of people who are going to be selling these things. I rather just not bother.

Pianobone

Registered Member
People who buy them on eBay for $2000 are dumb. I guarantee that I can go find one within the week at retail price.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yeah, seriously. Why would anyone pay $2000 for a 360? Even if they're sold out for a few weeks. You've been waiting 4 years for this thing, what's another week or two?

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Awsome!
Yea I worked at the launch at walmart. There were people who had waited since 6AM to get theirs:-o

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Picked up a core last night and am selling it now:
ebay item # 8236087943

Here's a few tips for those that want to flip it on ebay:
#1) Use the keywords xbox 360 and xbox360 in the title. If you look at completed listings for xbox360, they are selling for more as there are fewer people listing it without the space.
#2) Most of the people buying are newbies to ebay, so play up to them. I was sure to point out that my auction qualifies for the paypal deffered payment plan. Which is no big deal since all auctions qualify for that.
#3)Spend the xtra $20 for Featured Plus.
#4)Be honest. It's sick to see people use pictures of the premium and then put in small letters this is for the core edition.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Good luck! Let us know how much money you make:)

EDIT:

HOLEY SHIT!~!!!!! 900 FKCING DOLLARS?!?! YOU BASTARD!

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow, and that's for a core. Premium's are hitting $1500 and $2000 left and right, and it's only the day of launch.. Just give it a few weeks when it's closer to Christmas and Santa still hasn't found "little Johnny" his Premium XBOX 360... :D

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Here we have the perfect synergy of AuctionForum, GameForum and MoneyForum. lol.

Andrew we should really feel a little guilty about this............................I tried, didn't work.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, there's nothing wrong with it. Ever heard of tickle-me Elmo? :)

Supply and demand my friend. If someone is willing to pay $1500 for an XBOX 360, why should the seller feel bad? I waited in the cold all night for a total of 13 hours. That's got to be worth something in itself.

It's one thing to sell email addresses for $400 though. I have seen a lot of those...

[email protected] email address! NOT XBOX 360!

Umm... what escapes me first of all is why people would bid.. probably because they don't read. Second of all, I really think people should get in trouble for that. There's no way an email address is worth buying. These people are just ripping people off.