• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Got shot 3 times today

Dragon

V.I.P.
Needle shots that is. First shot was for hepatitis, and the other 2 was venipuncture. We were in the lab today and 2 of my fellow classmates used me as a patient so that they can get graded. The hepatitis shot was done by a professional. Every student needed it. This medical assisting class is painful I tell ya.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
You had me worried for a second.. but then before even reading this I figured the last place anybody would be after REALLY being shot 3 times (let alone 1) would be here... lol

Sounds like you had a good time being a Guinea Pig.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Hahahaha...that was my first thought too Andrew...before reading the post I thought, "well why in the heck aren't you in the hospital"??
Hey Dragon, how was the competition to get into the program?? When I was doing the nursing classes, there were only 225 spots available and over 1600 applicants, talk about pressure!!

wolvergambit

Registered Member
Very funny Dragon.
I thought the same as Andrew. I couldn't believe that you actually took the time to post here after being shot! LOL :)

Dragon

V.I.P.
Sorry to worry everyone. That's why I posted in the water cooler so that everyone think it wasn't a serious situation. The program was fairly easy to get into. I went there to get some information and came out enrolled. I like the class so far. Unlike other colleges, they give you hands on experience which I like. There are only 2 males in the class and 17 females.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Dragon said:
Sorry to worry everyone. That's why I posted in the water cooler so that everyone think it wasn't a serious situation. The program was fairly easy to get into. I went there to get some information and came out enrolled. I like the class so far. Unlike other colleges, they give you hands on experience which I like. There are only 2 males in the class and 17 females.
What about pre-req's? Is it a 2 year program? Sorry about all the questions, I'm just curious how your state requirements differ from mine.

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
I was hoping to start college in November for Phlebotomy. Unfortunately, the hurricane has taken away the college I had planned on attending.

How many sticks do you have to perform in nursing?

yooperchick

Registered Member
I had many "Hands-on" classes in forestry, but none as painful as yours Dragon!

Glad to hear it sounds like you are enjoying your classes :D

Dragon

V.I.P.
AngelsPeak said:
What about pre-req's? Is it a 2 year program? Sorry about all the questions, I'm just curious how your state requirements differ from mine.
There is no pre reqs. The college provides training with an emphasis on teaching the specific job-related skills that employers look for when they make hiring decisions. It is an 8 month program. Once the program is up, there is an externship that the school has with some medical offices.

iggyshotthebear said:
I was hoping to start college in November for Phlebotomy. Unfortunately, the hurricane has taken away the college I had planned on attending.

How many sticks do you have to perform in nursing?
I am not sure. I got stick 3 more times today. I will keep track on how many times I get sticked. So far 5 not including the hepatitis shot because that was done professionally.

Last edited: