• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Got my Trent Reznor tattoo!

NINnerd

Survived a M&G with Trent
Remember my thread about meeting Trent Reznor? You can find it here if you haven't read it yet: http://www.generalforum.com/music/i-am-meeting-trent-reznor-nin-next-wednesday-58910.html

Anyways, I decided to go and get my tattoo. I was originally going to get the entire thing, lyrics and all. But it would've had to be huge for the letters not to bleed together over time. So I decided on just the signature. The signed paper with the lyrics will be framed.

So here is my newest tattoo! :D

My new @Trent_Reznor tattoo! Including the lyrics would have ... on Twitpic

Could be SLIGHTLY NSFW --> Up close of the new @Trent_Reznor tattoo. Loving it! on Twitpic

I love it! :D

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
You actually thought about tattooing the entire lyrics? Which song would have been there, if ever?

Oh and nice tat.

NINnerd

No, not the entire song, just the line I had Trent write. It's from the song "The Hand That Feeds", and the line is:

"What if this whole crusade's a charade?"

But we would've had to enlarge that (plus the signature) so much that it would've been super huge. Even in Trent's original handwriting size, it would've been pretty big. I think I would've puked from the pain. Haha. I'm a wuss.

Trizzle

Registered Member
Why would you get song lyrics on your back your so lucky you didn't tattos are there for life and you do that you just look like an idiot that has a song which will proberly be never heard of in the future (just die out) and your stuck with it on your back mate. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

NINnerd

Um...they wouldn't have been on my back. And I don't care if anyone knows or listens to the song. The lyrics mean something to me. That's the point of tattoos - they mean something to the person WITH the tattoo. If you are getting it for others, then that pretty lame.

And please try to use some sort of punctuation in the future.

Trizzle

Registered Member
Hmmm I guess so but you want somthing like really cool.

Why can you not read the words without a full stop at the end ? rofl :lol:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
That's the point Trizzle. It's cool to her.

If she got a tattoo just because she thought other people would think it's cool...well that would just be stupid.

Trizzle

Registered Member
Well not really because you see, you get those people right, who are like "I don't care what anybody thinks about how I look/feel/think/run/eat(ect)" But then there in like designer stuff, or expensive clothes or there looking around to see whos looking at them when they run. You think, well if you don't care why not dress like a tramp ? Or eat like a snarlying rabid pig...? I do make sence in the end:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
No, not the entire song, just the line I had Trent write. It's from the song "The Hand That Feeds", and the line is:

"What if this whole crusade's a charade?"

But we would've had to enlarge that (plus the signature) so much that it would've been super huge. Even in Trent's original handwriting size, it would've been pretty big. I think I would've puked from the pain. Haha. I'm a wuss.
How did that work actually? You have his autograph (was that from the concert?) and the artist makes a pattern from it?

@ Trizzle: You need to have more faith in people. Some actually do things in life because it pleases them and not because they only want to please others.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Well not really because you see, you get those people right, who are like "I don't care what anybody thinks about how I look/feel/think/run/eat(ect)" But then there in like designer stuff, or expensive clothes or there looking around to see whos looking at them when they run. You think, well if you don't care why not dress like a tramp ? Or eat like a snarlying rabid pig...? I do make sence in the end:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:.
Um...not everyone is like that. And what you describe I see as pathetic. Anyway...the point is that she got what SHE liked, not what other people thinks she should have as a tattoo.

@ysabel - They have special copy machines that they can create stencils from, and then stick it on your body. It's pretty cool. They did mine from a drawing that I brought in.