Got a new desktop #2

Discussion in 'Computers' started by pro2A, Jun 18, 2009.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Ok... so I fried my last one. The video card was bad and didn't like the motherboard. So I took it back and ordered a new one from a guy in town that builds custom computers.

Specs are as follows:

• Asus M2N68-AM SE2 Motherboard
    • AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.70GHz OEM Processor
    • 4GB Ultra PC5400 DDR2 667Hz Memory
    • WD Caviar 500GB SATA Internal Hard Drive
    • Sony DRUV200A/BR DVD/CD Rewritable Drive
    • PowerUp Black ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side
    • 450-Watt Power Supply Installed In The Case
    • NVIDIA Geforce 9 GT 1GB PCI-E Video Card
    • HD2201 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor, 1680x1050 WSXGA+, 2000:1 Contrast Ratio, HDMI, DVI, VG.
    I should have it by Monday :D

The case is what kicks ass :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Now THAT is some sexy hardware. I'm looking to upgrade myself in the near future, I just don't know what to get. I may get a desktop from a department store like Walmart and then just spruce it up over the weeks.

3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Wow, nice job I looked up the motherboard and did some research, you should probably check for compatibility before upgrading RAM that seems to be one of the only problems with this board not sure why but apparently it is.

Newegg.com - ASUS M2N68-AM SE2 AM2+/AM2 NV Geforce 7025 / nForce 630a chipset AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

other than that though this should be a pretty awesome computer, I like the specs, the video card especially.

And that case looks awesome!

The motherboard is good though, fi you can get the right hardware I'm sure that you'll have plenty of space to upgrade in there,

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Hopefully you got your money back for that other one. That's a bummer. Poor thing didn't last a week it seems. :lol:

This one has better specs anyway. Similar price?

5. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Cheaper actually, for more stuff :)
    ------
    I thought I could do that too... it failed. Get one custom built man. You get more for you $$$and wont fry it at the same time. Box computers are made for office, not gaming... power supplies are generally inadequate. Don't risk it, just have one made.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009