• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

GOP-led House committee won't turn over insider trading documents

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
NEW YORK (Reuters) – A U.S. House of Representatives panel said on Friday it should not have to comply with a federal regulator’s demand for documents sought for an insider-trading probe involving the staff director of a subcommittee and a lobbyist.

GOP-led House committee balks at turning over insider-trading documents to SEC
If they were giving out information they shouldn't have been I want to know about it. I think they should have to turn these documents over. We need some transparency here.

The regulator said Hayes then emailed the brokerage firm Height Securities, which shortly afterward sent its clients a “flash alert” suggesting the deal could help insurance companies such as Humana Inc and Health Net Inc .

Share prices of both companies jumped after the report was issued.
I want to know if people made money off of this.

Thoughts?

dDave

V.I.P.
It may be inappropriate to make such information public (usually insider trading involves info the public should never know.) still, it would seem that they should turn over whatever evidence they have to the proper parties. Hiding only makes everyone think you're guilty.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Of course I don't want anything made public that shouldn't be but we need to know what happened. If Sutter leaked this information to a lobbyist, Hayes, we need to know about it.