• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

GOP debunks Benghazi conspiracy theories

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Friday report by the Republican-led House Select Committee on Intelligence found no intelligence failure prior to the attacks, no evidence that the White House told the military to stand down during the attack and no evidence that the CIA was involved in related arms shipments. The report did, however, find that the consulate was inadequately protected.

House GOP report debunks Benghazi conspiracy theories - AOL.com
I'm happy to hear this because if we had just let the ambassador die by denying him help that would have been unforgivable. I think in the future the consulates should also be better protected. That could be difficult since a consulate is usually just a house. They aren't near as secure as a embassy. Especially that monstrosity we have in Iraq.

Among its findings, the report says CIA personnel responded not just well, but heroically; that there was no "stand down" order, as some critics have claimed; there was no intimidation of witnesses by superiors; there was no intelligence failure prior to the attack; and that a "mixed group" of individuals, including some linked to al Qaeda, participated in the attack.

House Intelligence Committee's Benghazi Report Torches Conspiracy Theories

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
It's about time. I hate when fairytale media gets a hold of something like this and won't let go. Put it to bed already.

- Cham

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm glad this was led by the republicans or you would still have people screaming cover up. Now we know who was really lying trying to get their 15 minutes of fame.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Multiple people also say that order wasn't given. I think Graham is full of crap. This has been investigated to the hilt by republicans and democrats. If there had been any wrongdoing I doubt republicans would have covered it up.
WASHINGTON (AP) — The testimony of nine military officers undermines contentions by Republican lawmakers that a “stand-down order” held back military assets that could have saved the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans killed at a diplomatic outpost and CIA annex in Benghazi, Libya.

Testimony From Military Officers Undermines Claims
Maybe someone was trying to sell a book.

Bombshell Claim: Security Operators on the Ground in Benghazi Say They Were Told to

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Ok, I'm trying to understand this point, so because a book is being sold you are using as evidence to claim it's not true because the motivation is sales? I mean I accept the proposition that what Kris Paranto and the other security agents are claiming MAY not be true, I don't buy anything as 100% verifiable without evidence, but I want to see evidence that the claims are not true, not just the claim about book sales. If it isn't true, then how about the administration be 100% transparent into what happened and who made what calls, other than a crazy self-indulged moron of an ex Secretary of State make idiot claims like "What does it matter?"

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
The CIA couldn't have been involved, they are far too busy selling arms to Mexican drug cartels. <kidding... sort of> :D

- Cham

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
The CIA was there, everyone there was under the direction of the CIA. The claim is the sector chief, "Bob", gave them a stand down order. Who it came from, if it did, is still unknown.