• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

GOP Candidate Michelle Bachmann caught using taxpayer money

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Revolutionary Politics::Revolutionary Politics : Michele Bachmann Caught Using Taxpayer Dollars On Her Rallies!

The site is a bit . . . eh, but it's a Fox News video (go figure?) and yeah ignore the "Mox News" frame I couldn't find a better video.

What do you think?

It's not something new, a politician making a stand against something they're guilty of (inappropriate use of taxpayer money in this case) but what kind of confused me is that they were trying to argue that an anti-Obamacare rally wasn't a political event. Really?

Thoughts?

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I agree with Monica Crowley that it is somewhat murky, but I lean towards money used to say speak out against Obamacare, I think that goes beyond what taxpayer money should be used for.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The video states that she used the money to pay speakers...I think that is something that should be criticized. If you're going to be the one speaking (or other Congressmen/women), that's one thing. But when guest speakers are put into play it feels a lot more political for sure. This also could have been accomplished without a rally...Bachmann could have held an actual press conference, for example. She also has the floor of the House.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
The video states that she used the money to pay speakers...I think that is something that should be criticized. If you're going to be the one speaking (or other Congressmen/women), that's one thing. But when guest speakers are put into play it feels a lot more political for sure. This also could have been accomplished without a rally...Bachmann could have held an actual press conference, for example. She also has the floor of the House.
I completely agree with you. Paying speakers appears to be much more political. This isn't something taxpayer money should be used for.