Movies 'Goosebumps' Being Adapted For the Big Screen

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Vegito728, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Source: BD Horror News - 'Goosebumps' Being Adapted For the Big Screen

I loved the goosebump books and show when I was younger.

But after going back and re-watching the goosebump series it wasn't as good as I once thought. And the books, even though I really enjoyed them, ended bad 90% of the time(if not higher that that).

Either way I won't be expecting anything phenomenal. But it's still something I'd check out when it hits DVD.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008

2. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

wut.

I officially declare war on nostalgia movies. It's boycott time. |:

3. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Since I never could get into the series when I was younger this shouldn't be too big a deal for me.

4. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

i loved most of the series when I was younger. I have a feeling this will either be really good and creepy, or really bad and cheesy.

5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Nice...I was a sucker for those books so I'd probably watch it.

6. Syndicate

Syndicate Chirp Chirp

Goosebumps! I used to love these books when I was a tadpole. Had some great twists to them IIRC. We had them all in our primary school. Didn't know they'd done a TV series. That said, I can't imagine them, or any film, being as good as the books.

Come to think of it, I can't remember a single one having a good ending. I remember some seemingly did, until the very last page, when they'd punch your fairytale ending in the face.

Doubt I'll watch it, or even hear of it again but good luck to them! :)

7. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

I suppose it all depends on which book they decide to base it on. It will be weired for a franchise because each film will presumably have a completely different cast.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I was a fan of the books as well, but the television series was god awful. There's no way that I'll be seeing this movie, if they decide to make on. I dont see it having a lot of success either.

9. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

as a kid i liked the tv shows because it enable me to SEE what was reading for once. but they were kinda bad...id like to think it would be upgraded with the technology we know have

10. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I don't know... I think they should revisit the TV angle and try again. Turn it into a Twilight Zone or The Outer Limits sort of deal that makes it interesting to watch. Turning it into a movie when there are over 50+ books, it'll be hard to pick just one book for one movie. An hour long television show each week with the same direction as the Twilight Zone took.