Movies Goonies 2?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by KZA_GFX, May 31, 2008.

1. KZA_GFX

KZA_GFX Registered Member

I recently heard that there trying to get all the old goonies together to make an "all grown up" version...i myself think it will fall through it just seems like it would be 2 hard to get them all together again

what do you think?

have you heard anything?

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I haven't heard anything about this and personally I think it would be extremely stupid if they made up a grown up version. The first one was a classic, I wouldn't want them to ruin that by making a sequel out of it.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I hope this is a vicious lie.

I would have figured most of the Goonies to be dead by now from drug overdoses and unpaid debts.

4. FBrown89

FBrown89 Registered Member

Sloth is dead, and the Fratelli mother is dead as well. The rest to my knowledge are all alive and well. There is actually a completed script for the film, and Sean Astin said it WILL be made, just a matter of when.

5. Merc

God I can see it now:

Goonies 2: The Muthafuckin' Reunion
    Soundtrack by Def Jam Records

6. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

One of the biggest problems is that Spielberg isn't working on it right now. There's no casting or anything done yet and I think there has been several scrips.

7. KZA_GFX

KZA_GFX Registered Member

i heard that it was going to be announced in 2009

8. Merc

It's one of those movies that just doesn't need to be made.

The first one was great but that was years ago, we don't need a reunion movie.

9. FBrown89

FBrown89 Registered Member

We don't want it, but Hollywood does. Why? Because it will bring in the money. Doesn't matter what we think, if it has potential to bring in some cash, it will be made.

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Usually I love remakes and don't mind them at all, same thing could be said for sequels, but there's certain movies that don't need to have a sequel or be remade and this is one of them. It's a classic and I don't see it working really well if they do make a Goonies 2. I will be extremely disapointed if they go through with this.