• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Google's New Privacy Policy

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Google has been savaged by critics after revealing plans to link user data across its email, video, social-networking and other services.
In a move denounced by some as a massive invasion of privacy, the changes will piece together information from Gmail to YouTube to the Google Plus social network. Read More Here
What do you think about Google's new privacy policy? I don't really like it, I don't want them compiling a bunch of data on me or be bombarded with ads. I'm thinking it might be time to find another search engine. That is if any of the others would be any better.

dDave

V.I.P.
I'm probably missing something very obvious here, but I don't see a problem with it.

The way I see it, this is going to link together a bunch of accounts that I already have and keep me logged in under a single account. I already have an account with gmail, google+, youtube, and all that.

Now with that being said I don't share a computer with anybody else so the privacy thing isn't as much of a problem for me. I can see how it might be annoying for multiple people using the same computer on a regular basis.

facebook has been doing this for ages though and nobody really seemed to have an issue with it.

IKnowKungRoo

Registered Member
not seeing a problem at all, i have an android phone, googlemail, google+ and a youtube account, linking them all together seems like a good move to me.

BigBob

Registered Member
Like the others, I have no problem with it at all. I already link my Facebook with everything that I can and my Gmail with my YouTube Account so I'd say good job on Google.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I think its about time that Google links all the sites it owns. Hilander, the won't be gathering any NEW information about you. They'll just be syncing all their sites, so you only have to log in, in one place, and you're logged into everything.

I think its much more convenient that way.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I'm pretty sure this isn't really a particularly important change (as far as the privacy policy goes). But thy keep making a big deal about it, so it makes me a little nervous. They're like "This is Important!" and they have it as an email they sent me, a banner across the top, and an acknowledgment when I signed in.

Scott75

Registered Member
What do you think about Google's new privacy policy? I don't really like it, I don't want them compiling a bunch of data on me or be bombarded with ads. I'm thinking it might be time to find another search engine. That is if any of the others would be any better.
I'm not too hot on it myself, especially with their requirement that your youtube account, which currently doesn't require you to use your real name, will now be linked to your google account, which does. I think this article does a good job of explaining the issues involved:
How Google's New Privacy Policy Will Affect You

Ofcourse, people many choose to disobey the mighty google in that whole 'real name only' thing. Not mentioning any names now :lol:

As to people using credit cards with Google's Android? There's no escape, you will be assimilated :D

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
After talking about this with my geek friends, it seems that it isn't really anything "new". They're just announcing what's already been in practice by companies owning different sites and how advertising is used, etc. Our information is already being compiled in the internet. Nothing seems to have changed much. In fact, gmail and youtube, have been linked long before (you can log on to youtube using your gmail account instead of your youtube account).