Google vs. Apple Game Console

Who is more likely to make a videogame console first?

• Apple

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Google

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Anyone else wondering if Google or Apple will try to venture into videogame consoles? They seem to be trying their hand at just about everything nowadays. A videogame system might not be that crazy of an idea anymore...

It's not really either of their areas, but neither are some of the other things they've expanded to. Their "areas" seems to be getting bigger and bigger every day. Apple does a lot of innovative hardware and electronic devices, and Google takes the software side.

Right now Google doesn't do hardware, but you never know. If I had to put money on the next big company to make a gaming console, I'd say Apple.

Anyway, who do you think is more likely to make the jump first? Google or Apple?

yooperchick

Registered Member
Personally, if Steve Jobs stays leading at Apple, I do not think they will venture into the gaming arena. I've been an Apple fan for some time and a Steve Jobs fan, and I just can't see him deciding to add gaming consoles to the mix. I am thinking they are working on brand new technologies and working on their computer line. Who else here thougtht the Mac Mini's were cool? Man, I'd love to work for Apple!

I don't know too much about Google to comment on them.

So, I didn't vote.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Apple most likely. Though niether are very likely at all, Google just happens to be the least likely. But you know, Microsoft made a gaming console, so ya never know if Apple might make one.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
This is slightly off-topic, but I'm surprised EA hasn't tried to make their own console yet. With Madden, all the other sports game, and all their movie licenses and stuff being exclusive, you'd think they could be pretty successful with a console of their own.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's an interesting point about EA. As far as I know they don't deal with hardware at all, so it would be a jump for them, but I agree that it would be a good move. Especially now that they own exclusive rights to use NFL player and team names in their games. I think they are making enough as it is. I think they would go exclusive with a current console company before trying to compete altogether.

Thermal

Registered Member
I voted google, because google has always seemed to do the unexpected from things like their email service, google earth, free city-wide wireless networks, talk of free cable/sat services, etc. If google can find a way to put its ads in it, they'll do it. Add in their strong competition toward Microsoft, and their growing fanbase, I wouldn't be the least surprise if they decided to move into the gaming industry.

yooperchick

Registered Member
Well Steve, after reading the other thread you made, I actually voted on this one (I didn't yet) and I put it to Google :)

If they are hopping into the computer market - heck - a console isn't far away for them I don't think.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
That computer changes my opinion. Sorry, Apple, but no games for you. If they're making such a change like this, a game system doesn't seem too far away, whille Apple still isn't very likely.