• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Google PR Updated today!

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Finally,
This pr took forever. I gained a point on my hompage at a point on most of the subpages. I have some links on blogs and other sites that went to pr4, very happy.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh WOW! I've waited months upon months for this update.

I got a few changes out of this. Looks like PR4 is now equivalent to what used to be the PR6. They've changed some things up to account for even bigger sites out there now.

I haven't checked all of mine yet though. Will probably do so after posting this.

Here's an interesting article on the matter:

Google Scares The Search Crowd - Forbes.com

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Page Rank. It is a measure of how important google thinks your site is. I sell products on the web, so for me a higher pr generally means better search engine rankings. It also gives me more weight when I try to get my site listed on other websites. Generally you get better pr by getting higher pr sites putting a link to your site. I have paid up to $200/ month for link from a pr5 site that was in the exact industry that I sell in and up to $30/month for a pr5 link from a non-related website.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
PR can also be overcomplicated though. Personally I do my SEO flying by the seat of my pants half the time. (Is that a saying or did I just mix two together..)

Search engine optimization can be the biggest pain in marketing your website. There is really nothing fun about it and the fact that Google keeps changing their algorithm doesn't make it any easier.

I have several of my sites on the first page on Google for various search terms and it's taken literally years to get there in some cases. Other times it only takes a month or so.

FaKeD

Registered Member
What sites do you have Andrew? XD

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Anything in my signature plus a good amount of other sites. My signature covers my main ones.
What is bad is when you forget you own a site. I always have projects that I want to work, but one project may keep me occupied for a long time. When I get ready to start the new project, I am sometime surprised that I already own the domain name, but have never done anything with it.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Totally. I'm sitting on a few I've had for years and have never done anything with. Trying to sell off anything that is unused lately though.