• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Google-Mart to take over the world.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
http://media.guardian.co.uk/site/story/0,14173,1677196,00.html?gusrc=rss

Because the device - similar in concept to the Mac Mini unveiled last year by Apple's Steve Jobs - doesn't use Microsoft's Windows, it could cost as little as $200.

Despite its low price it would enable users to collect and store internet-delivered content such as films, music and photos then show it on TV.

In fact, Google could over time become more of a hardware company than anything else
Come on now, guys, this is insane. Now almost everyone will be able to afford to use that new fangled internet thing.

yooperchick

Registered Member
WHAT!!??!! It won't have Microsoft Windows on it? You know, now that I know that, I say good for Google.

This article is good food-for-thought thinking about if Google will come up with a video game console (as in another thread).

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Whoa. This really DOES increase the chances for a Google video game system. Imagine in a hundred years, it'll be just like Nintendo...

"You know Google started with a search engine on that old thing called the internet."

"No it didn't loonrd lol i lipped u!!!1!11!!"

Ofcourse, that's using future chat slang.

I just can't believe it. I never thought Google would EVER do something like this. I wonder what it will be like.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
It sounds like a simple box designed just to network and run the internet and small entertainment tasks. It's not meant to do all of the things you can do on a PC, just some of the things you don't need a full PC.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Actually, the internet is pretty much the only reson I use my computer. I rarely use it for other things, and I could go without them if there was something cheaper. However, I won't be getting it because, obviously, I've already got a computer.