• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Google launches all out social networking assault with Google+

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I may check it out, if only to spread the word about the new manga club i'm doing.

If they don't needlessly change shit around, like FB do, and if they add a dislike button, they'll easily beat FB hands down :lol:

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
I never even touched Google Buzz, and I consciously never made a MySpace or FaceBook. I'm going to give this one a shot because Google is not a stand-alone service but rather an integrated powerhouse. There's a good chance this could take off, in my mind, because loyalty to a service only goes so far when new technology appears. MySpace used to be the thing, and then it got abandoned when a little plain-background service popped up with little more on its side than the fact that it was "new." I'm willing to bet people will hold dual accounts for a while, slowly moving towards Google+ while people ask, "Hey, so, are you still using your FB?" -- "Meh, a little--just until X and Y groups of people move on to Google+." So, I doubt it will be a mass exodus, but I feel certain that it's going to get the people aboard.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I'll check it out solely for the fact that I've always loved google things. Although, I doubt google will add a dislike button either, because dislike buttons lead to hate wars in the same way that negs do. And both facebook and google probably want to avoid shit like that.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
But it's what everyone wants! When someone posts that they've had a shitty day they can hit the dislike button. Instead FB have rearranged the groups layout, made the text smaller, added an automatic tagging system (without telling anyone) and installed that shitty question thing; pretty much everything EXCEPT what people want.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Lol, I like all the features that facebook has added lol. The only problem I see with a dislike button, is someone not liking someone else, and going and disliking everything on their page and shit. And you KNOW that people are going to get butthurt about it, and I guess facebook doesn't wanna lose users over it.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Dont we have enough Social Networking Sites?

I mean come on, how much more can we ride this bubble before people just stop giving a damn about the whole Social Networking thing? Is it truly a niche in marketing that will never die? I mean really... after icq and myspace, I really didnt even have any interest to join Facebook. The only reason I did was so my mom could use my account for Farmtown :hah:

I dont have a Twitter account.... and I dont plan on having this Google+ account either. Although with a Droid, chances are I'll have one crammed down my throat whether I like it or not.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Lol, I like all the features that facebook has added lol. The only problem I see with a dislike button, is someone not liking someone else, and going and disliking everything on their page and shit. And you KNOW that people are going to get butthurt about it, and I guess facebook doesn't wanna lose users over it.
There's a 'remove user' button and even a block list. Both are effective.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Yes, I suppose that's true lol. I'm kind of wary now though, because if Google+ becomes something, Facebook might start catering to the whims of everyone on facebook so as to keep users. Then we'll see a lot of shitty changes as well as all the good ones facebook has made.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Facebook can't be stopped. Almost everybody between the ages of 13 and 25 has a Facebook account. The reason they continue using it is because absolutely everybody they know and meet has one. With a new site, people won't find their friends on it and will therefore not be interested in sticking around. Unless Facebook really screws up, they're going to stay on top for a very long time.

If Google wants to dominate the social networking world they simply need to buy Facebook. Unfortunately for Google, Facebook doesn't seem to be for sale. They've turned down astronomical offers. There also could be some antitrust issues with Google buying Facebook.