• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Google is now worth more than Wal-Mart!

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
As of today, Google is now worth more than Wal-Mart.

Market Dispatches - MSN Money

This is a pretty big checkpoint for Google stock. I'd be interested to see where the price of Google stock goes tomorrow after this big announcement.

My guess is that it will go up even more.

It's currently at $609.62 a share... [symbol]GOOG[/symbol]

dDave

V.I.P.
Since google is so big this was obviously coming. But google still may not be the biggest website on the internet, there is still ebay, yahoo, and aol to compete with. Maybe someday google will be the official biggest site but for now we are not sure.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I think Google is the biggest now. Remember, they own YouTube. That's a massive chunk of internet right there.

On another note, I'm still on edge waiting to see what Google gets their hands into that isn't involved with the internet, or is barely involved with the internet. Like video game consoles, or computers.