• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Google introduces realtime searching!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm not sure I like this. Seems like more of a distraction than anything else. Google is so fast that this isn't really necessary.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Oh btw, for those who can't see it, I'm pretty sure it's because you have to be signed in to a Google account. I didn't even realise I was still signed in on mine but I logged off and yep, no realtime anymore.

Last edited:

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I'm on my Google account.

The only thing that's coming up still is the auto-complete suggestions.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Ah, here we go. There's a link to find out more about 'Google Instant':

Google Instant is rolling out over several days to users signed in to a Google Account. Check back soon if you are signed in and do not see it yet.
Google Instant
------
I'm not sure I like this. Seems like more of a distraction than anything else. Google is so fast that this isn't really necessary.
The good thing is you can turn it off if it starts to annoy/distract you.

Last edited:

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Don't feel bad, I don't get to see any of this Google stuff, either. No matter what I do.

On the plus side, however, I did discover I can design my own Google Theme!

Arathald

Registered Member
This is really just a novelty. It's neat, and sure, it might be useful to some people, but it's not anything new and exciting. This kind of thing has been around in different kinds of search engines for several years now, ans is rather easy to implement in JavaScript. In fact, I think someone wrote a wrapper for Bing last year that did exactly this. Google comes up with some really innovative things, but, sorry, this just isn't one of them.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I noticed that. I use google a lot for word definitions (*nerd*) and it's useful for me because I just type the word and type "def" and it loads pages with definitions already so I don't need to click on them unless I want an in-depth definition.