Google introduces realtime searching!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Mirage, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I just noticed this today. If you are already on a Google search result page and you type another search in the top bar, the search results below will update live as you type.

Pretty cool if you ask me.

2. Unity

Unity Chett Chetterfield Staff Member

That's really cool, actually!

For some reason I thought of 'party hats' to test it out. And changed it to 'party hats for dogs.' lol

3. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Are you sure?

Isn't working for me.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Maybe it's only being rolled out in the US at the moment? Try google.com instead of .co.uk?

And even then, if it's IP based you still might not get to see it. Only one way to find out though.

5. Nevyrmoore

That never works. Google auto-detects what country you live in and will redirect you to the correct domain.

6. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

It's been working like that for me for a while now and I'm in the UK (obviously). I think it's cool... don't reeeally see the point but nice little step forward all the same.

7. Nevyrmoore

Hmm.

OI! TALK TALK! WTF YOU DOING?!

8. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Maybe they are introducing it at different times like a lot of companies do with new changes. Like when facebook revamped their site it was a gradual process, some people saw the new version days ahead of others. I dunno...

9. Danno

Danno Registered Member

Working for me now too, didn't know what you meant at first but yeah, pretty cool actually.

10. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

It didn't work for me...

It seems like it'd be interesting, but fairly useless :dunno:.