• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Google got me... Or did they?

Scissorhands

Registered Member
Went all day without getting pranked. Then I stumbled upon to this "Google Motion" thing. Google's little April Fools joke. Assholes.

But then I realized that, as my clock said 11:48, it is actually 12:48 because my clock is wrong! So does it count? eh???
------
YouTube - Introducing Gmail Motion

Last edited:

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Well, this video was posted on March 30th. Therefore I say it FAILS.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I would say as it was posted a day before it doesn't count as an april fools jokes. The thing is though, aside from the ridiculous movements and what they wish you to do in theory using something like Kinect there is no reason it couldn't be done though I imagine not for some time.

Scissorhands

Registered Member
I would say as it was posted a day before it doesn't count as an april fools jokes. The thing is though, aside from the ridiculous movements and what they wish you to do in theory using something like Kinect there is no reason it couldn't be done though I imagine not for some time.
Are you serious?

Google 'Motion' would require you to memorize a separate movement for every word known to man, instead of typing it. And more movements to do things with your computer.

On top of that, technology promotes a decline in physical activity, not an increase. People can type "hello" quicker than making a gesture and they can do it sitting down. Google Motion would never fly in our world.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Are you serious?

Google 'Motion' would require you to memorize a separate movement for every word known to man, instead of typing it. And more movements to do things with your computer.

On top of that, technology promotes a decline in physical activity, not an increase. People can type "hello" quicker than making a gesture and they can do it sitting down. Google Motion would never fly in our world.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think for one second it would be used in the home, like you say, it would just take too much work and most people would never wish to use it but technically there is no reason that something like this couldn't be used in other areas such as presentations etc. If you think about it when the Wii came out people thought "we have a controller, why make anything else?" and look how well that took off. I think it is short sighted to say it would never work.