Google Earth 5.0 Launched

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Funny enough I just deleted the last Google Earth off my computer this morning not even knowing the newest one was out. Chances are I'll have this one downloaded back. Any word on if the maps themselves have been updated or was the update just for functionality purposes?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm guessing the satellite images haven't been updated and it's just a bunch of new features. Honestly, I thought the old Google Earth was better before they added all the crap that you can't turn off. And I didn't like the new navigation controls either.

Yeah, no huge update in images or anything as far as i'm aware. it just seems a little different but i can't really explain how because i hadn't used the older one in a while.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
I love google earth. I love look up close at everything. Thanks for the update.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'm guessing the satellite images haven't been updated and it's just a bunch of new features. Honestly, I thought the old Google Earth was better before they added all the crap that you can't turn off. And I didn't like the new navigation controls either.
There goes a review which makes me reconsider updating the current Google Earth I have.

Anyone willing to put a good word for the update?

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Actually now that I have tinkered with it a bit, the only thing that strikes me as nice are the time lines.

When I look at the buildings in 3D my computer goes into cardiac arrest :rolleyes:

It did it twice (blue screen of death), once when I was looking at NYC in 3D and again when I looked at Philly in 3D. As long as I don't look at things in 3D it's fine. I never had a problem with 3D before... but then again my computer is getting up there in age.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Yeah the last thing I need is to chance a Blue Screen on this computer again. So far the reviews havent prompted me to change my mind about redownloading the new version. Thanks for the comments!