Google Chrome Operating System

Discussion in 'Computers' started by EllyDicious, Nov 27, 2009.

1. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

2. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

My brother was showing me this the other day. He had a live copy that ran off a disc for demo purposes. It's kinda neat. It's got a nice tidy start menu, the desktop icons look nice. It's basically got a nice look and feel to it. As far as I know it's based off linux. It runs decently fast. Mind you, it's far from complete though, so who knows what the finished product will be like. But it's definitely interesting enough that maybe once it's released, I might try it out.

3. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

I can't wait for it. It won't replace regular laptops and PC's for a while yet [<I guess<<] but it will be THE 'netbook' to have.
    I think Google are the muts nuts. "In my opinion" If it were not for Google, the internet would be a lot slower and it would cost a lot more money.
    Branches of Google has it's flaws, such as 'YouTube' they are right up themselves, very ignorant people, but as a whole, Google is great.
    I've been looking forward to this OS for years.

4. EllyDicious

everything about google is making me too optimistic! can't wait!

5. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Question: Can I play games on it?

6. EllyDicious

yeah. since it's an internet PC you can. i guess the video said it . as far as i understood, this OS will make sure you save everything on the internet whether it's a document or a game or whatever.

7. tomdreamer69

tomdreamer69 New Member

I heard that Google Chrome OS is targeted for online use most of time. Does that mean offline use is not possible with it ?

8. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

I'm pretty sure it's 99.99% on-line

YouTube - What is Google Chrome OS?

9. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Sounds like something i'd be keen to try once it's past all it's first edition issues.

10. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Google seems to want to dominate nearly everything....lol so what the hell let's get an operating system going lol.