• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Google Chrome bug?

Elana

V.I.P. Lifetime
Lately, I've had this issue with the Google Chrome bookmarks and was wondering if it is caused by my system, or rather is a Google Chrome bug.

If you use Google Chrome, then perhaps you can help me determine this or even correct the problem.

Recently every time I click a bookmark the mouse Icon will go into the "working" mode, but the page "working" mode icon does nothing (top left corner of page). The page I have clicked to go to will not come up by using the bookmarked section, yet the address bar changes to the selected page. The only way I am able to get to the page I have bookmarked is to use a search engine, search it, then select it.

Is this a problem others are having as well? Or is there something I should do to correct this?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I use Chrome bookmarks and I haven't encountered that issue yet.

Impact

V.I.P.
All my bookmarks are working fine, and I use them most days. Try reinstalling chrome

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Try to upgrade your Google Chrome browser. Maybe your beta version has this bug.
I haven't encountered any similar issues like the one you described.

dDave

V.I.P.
Click on the wrench icon in the top right and go down to "About Google Chrome", the browser will update automatically.

I don't believe I've ever run into this problem, if updating it doesn't fix the issue then I would suggest completely erasing the program and reinstalling it, that is a fairly safe way to make sure the problem is fixed.