Google Buzz

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Xeilo, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Google seems to have now made there own version of facebook or myspace.

Find out more: Google Buzz

To me it dosen't look that flash and I think im going to stick with facebook.

2. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

It's rubbish. I don't see how it's even close to being like ANY social-network site.

They have a long way to go. I hope there make it, but they are bloody premature in comparing it to Facebook etc. It's like comparing a pare of roller-skates to a car.

3. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

yeah. it's kind of crappy. not a big deal.

4. Scissorhands

Scissorhands Registered Member

It's Google. It will surpass Facebook and MySpace if they want it to.

Really, we're talking about moon inhabitants here.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Most of the things they make turn out to be pretty good so it wouldn't surprise me if this does compete with Facebook at some point. I haven't checked it out yet though, and I really have no interest in another social networking site at the moment.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I saw it. I'm not sure how to feel about it. At one point I know google does good stuff. But somehow I'd like my emails to remain that...emails, not a social network. Even yahoo made the same mistake of incorporating status updates/messenger into the email page. I just like my emails, thank you.

7. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Alot of people said that Chrome wasnt going to be any good either... and that Twitter wouldnt pick up any traffic :hah:

I wont hold my breath for Buzz....but Im not gonna give up on it that easy. People will use it, probably not as frequently as other sites unless it starts to offer something really unique.

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't have any interest in checking this out. The thing with social networking sites is unless all of your friends use one, it's really no good to you.

That's why they are so incredibly difficult to start. You have to get people to join without having their friends on there yet. Nobody wants to do that.
    ------
    Ok, but Chrome is a personal choice. You can't choose to use Buzz while all of your friends choose to remain on Facebook or MySpace, for example. I mean, you could but why bother if nobody you know is on it?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  9. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

DANGER
    DANGER
    DANGER WILL ROBINSON
    DANGER
    DANGER

Unless you unset it, they'll automatically post your YouTube, Picasa, Orkut and other Google related activity to your Buzz.
    That's as bad and stupid as the new Facebook privacy settings disaster.

[​IMG]

Atually, I'm not sure about 'full activity' but they'll post your videos, pics, blogs etc.

I only share such things with those whom I wish to share with.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  10. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I've never ever heard of Buzz until I read this thread.

I had a look at the link and to be honest it doesn't look all that great. It's not something I'm interested in now. Give it a few months or a year or whatever and it might be the next "new thing" if they put alot of work and development into it.