• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Goodwill and Garage Sales

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
My brother just picked up some nice giant stuffed animals at the Goodwill for $5 each. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go for $30+ on eBay, which is where he plans to list them.

Does anybody else buy used stuff from the Goodwill or garage sales and turn it around for a profit on eBay (or other sites)?

There's good money to be made off of people's used items that they have no idea of the worth. :D

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
You could set up a booth outside and say for example your discount is 10%, tell people 5% off any purchase, and make 5% on purchases all day long. Or until the people in the store realize it and kick you off the property. :D

Maybe that's not quite the best idea after all! :lol:

Nanner

Registered Member
Andrew said:
You could set up a booth outside and say for example your discount is 10%, tell people 5% off any purchase, and make 5% on purchases all day long. Or until the people in the store realize it and kick you off the property. :D

Maybe that's not quite the best idea after all! :lol:

Hmmm hope that's not your next big money making idea. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would you like fries with that?

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi all..Well that is one of my favorite places to shop for old toys and movie memorbilia.. I have pulled some major bucks out of going thrift storeing and garage saleing..:cool:
That is one of my biggest ways to find the stuff that I sell..You wouldn't belive the things that I have come across in thrift, goodwill, Arc, DAV'S and consignment stores..Oh yeah don't forget Pawn Shops...

It's a great way to start up your own shop, or home based buisness.:nod:

Rember to buy cheap and sell high, and to never tell where you got your merchandise from or how much it was..:D

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
I buy all my books from the thrift store....can't pass up 5 for a dollar!!
My 15 year old loves vintage clothes, so she begs me to take her there!! As far as finding anything with resale potential....every now and then I'll get lucky, but there are soooo many folks around me who do nothing but garage sale and thrift shop 24/7 that it's hard to beat them to it!:mad:
Maybe it's time to move to a smaller town??

TwilightDawn

~Bus Driver's Pet~
one mans garbage is another mans treasure...Angel don't be discouraged at least they are faceless nameless people...I'm competing with my husband for things all the time.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Twilight.....your to funny! If it doesn't have to do with football, my husband wouldn't be interested, so yeah, your right....I am lucky in that regard!!
Are you into all the horror and gruesome stuff too?

Julie

Registered Member
AngelsPeak said:
but there are soooo many folks around me who do nothing but garage sale and thrift shop 24/7 that it's hard to beat them to it!:mad:
Maybe it's time to move to a smaller town??
<hangs head in shame>
::holds hand up in the air::

Ssshhh...(Hubby & I have become these people)...Okay, I have to admit this somewhere (this will also tell you why I haven't been on here for months):

Hubby left his FT job at Frito Lay this past September so that we could both sell on ebay FT. So Thrift Stores, Yard Sales, Flea Markets, Auctions, Storage Auctions, Newspaper, Craigslist...wherever we find a deal on stuff that we know does well, we buy it. We've opened up a store on ebay too, although I'm debating about ending that, cuz it doesn't really do that much.

Mostly our sales line consists of:
- any type of Food Dehydrators (any brand)
- Presto Salad Shooters (from the Basic all the way up to the Professional Plus)
- any Oster Kitchen Center Parts or Attachments
- anything having to do with video games. We seem to have hit the market down here on that too. We get systems, games, accessories, you name it. Any kind too...we're partial to any form of Nintendo, but buy all brands based on what it sells for & what we can get it for.

We still come across odds & ends here & there too that we throw in, but what I just listed is our main sales line.

Since September I have had to put up with HIM & EBAY FT with 1 COMPUTER! Well, I FINALLY got a 2nd computer up & running in the dining room...which provides so much more freedom! Before it was always one of us on there listing or shipping. It was always eBay, all day long...which, it's still going to be...just not as long everyday. With having the 2 computers this frees up some time for both of us. So now that I got me the 2nd computer, I get a lil time to come on here sometimes!

Oh shoot, back on topic here: Yes, my name is Julie & I am a thrift store & garage sale junkie...it's been 1 hour since my last shop...I will be going again tomorrow morning since my local thrift store is having there semi-annual sale this week: 75% tomorrow. Then I must get my fix again on Saturday when it's fill a brown paper bag for $2! There, confessions of a thrift store queen!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MAgnum9987 Autos 1
G Advice 3
S Advice 0
Mirage General Discussion 21
Dragon Music 4