Gooden To The Warriors?

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

HoopsWorld -
    According to HoopsWorld, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors have recently had discussions about a possible Drew Gooden trade.

Moving Gooden would give the Cavaliers the opportunity to re-sign free agents Anderson Varejao and Sasha Pavlovic and still have breathing room under the salary cap.

If Golden State uses the exception created from the Jason Richardson trade on draft night to absorb Gooden's salary, Cleveland would not have to take back any salary, meaning both teams win in the trade.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/47385/20070730/gooden_to_the_warriors/

2. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Well Gooden does have a nice mid-range game, and a very athletic big man who can play the fastbreak that the Warrios love. They want to re-sign Anderson "Flop" Varejao, I guess its a little smart even though I dislike the way he plays sometime.

3. Babe_Ruth

Gooden is a good player and he would be a good addition to the Golden State Warriors, but Varajao gives 100% everytime he steps onto the court he might not be a good scorer but he gets loose balls and rebounds, and tries to block every shots, so he's worth to re-sign.

4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I don't know....I kind of like Gooden more than Varejao. Gooden made more of an impact in my eyes during last seasons playoffs.

5. zunami

zunami Registered Member

Gooden is better than Varejao. Varejao is not suited for a starting role because he's too out of control and isn't a guy you can run plays in the low post(although I don't think the Cavs run any plays) for like Gooden is. I think the Cavs should trade for a PG. Varejao for Alston for example.

6. Babe_Ruth

See I also believe that Gooden is better then Varajao, but Varajao is a hustle player he does everything on the court, he brings energy, he gets rebounds in traffic and also gets offensive rebounds as well. He's not the best scorer in the post, but he still gets is. I believe it would be a good move for both teams.

7. zunami

zunami Registered Member

Bottom line is that Varejao shouldn't be a starter on a team coming off a finals apperance and it's risky to trade for just salary cap clearance because you're not getting anyone in return automatically that fits into your system.

8. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm with Michael Jordan on this one. Even though Andrea Varajeo is not a threat to do anything on the offensive end except get you offensive rebounds he's a beast on the defensive side of the ball. I rather have Varajeo then Gooden anyday. Plus clearing up some cap space they might try to acquire Mike Bibby in a deal from the Sacramento Kings. And help them get a qualified Point Guard to run the show in Cleveland. But I'm only speculating this.

9. zunami

zunami Registered Member

That would be ensuring you don't make the Finals for 2 years in a row for a chance to get Mike Bibby in '09-'10. Not so sure it's worth it.

10. Atsushi

Atsushi Guest

the cavs would be stupid to trade Drew Gooden without him they would have never made it to the nba championship games