• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Goodell is considering...

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Adding a FOURTH day to the NFL Draft...

Still 7 rounds.

Roger Goodell: NFL to consider adding fourth day todraft | SI Wire

Why? What's the damn point? The later rounds are kinda boring anyways. Seems completely unnecessary.
------
Oh and maybe I shouldn't ask why....the why is obvious. TV revenue/money.

Bleh guess it doesn't really matter

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I'm really starting to dislike this guy. Way too many changes that didn't need changing or don't need changing up begin with. He's a clown.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I guess he wants to milk the draft for every penny it's worth since there's not much else going on in his league during the long off-season. I'm starting to think Mark Cuban was right when he said the NFL is going to kill its own product by overexposure.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
None of this should be surprising either. It's the same guy who wants to expand the playoffs to 14 teams (which is probably just a stepping stone to 16), expand the regular season to 18 games, expand the league to Europe, and increase the number of non-Sunday games, not to mention wanting to implement stupid rules like moving extra points back to the 20 yard line.

It's all about wanting to increase revenue. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Growing the sport and increasing revenue is part of his job. But when your sport is already the most popular thing out there and is not hurting for money in any way, you have to be more careful with the way you go about making changes.