• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Good sign towards NHL Olympics in 2018...

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Tavares salary will be paid by IOC insurance during his absence.
If the IOC is willing to pay the NHL contracts of players getting injured in the Olympics should justify to the owners that it is worth sending players to the Olympics. It's great advertising, it spreads the game... and if a player gets hurt - their contract is getting paid by someone else ;)

...and on top of all of that. Imagine in two years a World Cup then two years later another Olympics then have it repeat...

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Like I said to you in another thread, the IOC aren't stupid. They know Garth Snow's comments were probably felt my the majority of the owners so they had to act fast, and they did. Great move on their part as NHL players in the Olympics brings in the fans and the ratings.

Sabby

Dickey's Flow said:
Like I said to you in another thread, the IOC aren't stupid. They know Garth Snow's comments were probably felt my the majority of the owners so they had to act fast, and they did. Great move on their part as NHL players in the Olympics brings in the fans and the ratings.

Getting $$ compensation is all well and good, but the IOC can't provide a clone for Taveres to play while he's hurt. Owners see players as an investment. Injuries derail potential sucess

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Owners don't care if a player gets hurt in the Olympics IF the Olympics are going to pay for it. They had a problem with players going to the Olympics and coming back injured and then they would have to pay his salary.

Question: Since the IOC is paying Tavares salary, I assume this money does not go in to the players escrow account, right?