Good Samaritan Left To Die.

I saw this on the news before leaving to work. What really stood out was the fact that someone stopped and took a photo with their phone, but couldn't use that same phone to dial 911?

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I saw this on the news before leaving to work. What really stood out was the fact that someone stopped and took a photo with their phone, but couldn't use that same phone to dial 911?
I know, it's completely disgraceful. You haven't even got to wait for the ambulance if you don't want to, Just call one! Sad times.

JAdams

Registered Member
I'm afraid to say that it's gotten to that point for me where this really isn't a surprise anymore. After reading a news article where a large group of people witnessed a rape and did nothing to stop the rapist, well, you just stop caring about the world and humans as a whole.

Yes, my Faith in Humanity has bottomed out a long, long time ago.

EDIT: I agree with the above poster. That's why I avoid big cities like New York. Nothing more than a huge slum now.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I'm afraid to say that it's gotten to that point for me where this really isn't a surprise anymore. After reading a news article where a large group of people witnessed a rape and did nothing to stop the rapist, well, you just stop caring about the world and humans as a whole.
If you're referring to the rape/murder of Kitty Genovese, there's evidence to suggest that the newspaper accounts were inaccurate. From Wikipedia In September 2007, the American Psychologist published an examination of the factual basis of coverage of the Kitty Genovese murder in psychology textbooks. The three authors concluded that the story is more parable than fact, largely because of inaccurate newspaper coverage at the time of the incident.[6]

I wonder if this is also a case of things being blown out of proportion. Homeless people often lie in the streets. And many of them also tend to be bundled up in large amounts of clothes - it seems possible that people wouldn't have noticed any blood for a while.

That said, my overall faith in humanity is about as bad as yours is...

JAdams

Registered Member
Wasn't he shouting for someone to help him? If I saw a homeless guy lying down yelling for someone to help him, I'd go "OK. Let me call 911 and help you stop the bleeding."

However, I see what you mean by the bundles of clothes. It is possible that they just didn't see the blood.

And who's to say most of them aren't feeling guilt-ridden right now, knowing that this homeless man was, in fact, dying?

anmracing

Registered Member
WOW! That is terrible! Even the person that was originally getting attacked did not do anything????? What a way to thank someone for potentially saving their life....