Good Old Games

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Tainted_Glory, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Tainted_Glory

Tainted_Glory Not a Scientologist

What are some of your favorites? Old games meaning games that are from around the time of Starcraft, Warcraft, and Fallout 2. Just post some of your favorite old games.

2. marsupilami

marsupilami Registered Member

I loved the old Warcraft games (1&2) .. used to play them at my mum n dad's friends' house all the time on their MAC!

What about console games? .. I loved Golden Axe (still do) and Streets of Rage! Oh and Aladdin and Micro Machines..

Used to have Civilization 2 for an old PC, loved that game - I sucked at it, but I really enjoyed playing it :p Wonder if it'd work on laptop now...

3. Tainted_Glory

Old console games? Well, a few good ones were Mario 64 and Zelda 64. My parents hid my console from me so I didn't get it until the original Xbox came out. So I don't know that much about old console games.

4. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

PC- I'll put in the 2 games that I'll always say for thsi answer.

Pitfall the mayan adventure- 1994
    http://www2.worldvillage.com/wv/gamezone/images/scrnshot/pitfall4.gif

Total Annihilation- 1995
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9a/Total_annihilation_screenie_3.1415926.jpg

And now on to console games.

Sega Genesis- Sonic The Hedgehog 1 and 2, dr robotniks mean bean machine

NES- Super mario bros, legend of zelda, zelda 2

SNES- Donkey Kong country series, super mario kart

N64- zelda Ocarina of time, mario 64, dk64, perfect dark

5. Tainted_Glory

You ever break out the old antique consoles and just play on those untill around 3 AM? Oh right, and I forgot one game that consumed my 2nd grade year. Star Fox. This game rox my sox, has rocked my sox, and forever will continue to, you guessed it, rock my sox.

And can't forget Counter Strike- "OMG Haxorz, bai"

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

PC:
    - StarCraft - 2v6 Comp, Used Map Settings, Clans and Bots later on down the road...
    - Diablo / II - A good dark RPG for the PC at the time. A classic.
    - Deus Ex - A fantastic solo FPS game. One of my favorite back in the day.
    - Sim City - When I was younger I had no idea how to play. I just laid out random crap and eventually lost. Now that I'm older I know how to play and it's a blast. Hmm... are they still making these games? Last I remember was Sim City 3000, or something. :\
    - EverQuest - Not the newer one EverQuest II, but the original without the expansions. The expansions just cluttered it up and added useless content.

Console:
    - Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Suikiden 2 (spelling?), Final Fantasy 2 & 3, Harvest Moon, Soul Blazer and Super Mario RPG - The classic and best RPGs for Super Nintendo. Loved them! ^_^
    - Mortal Kombat - In my opinion the older ones were better. These new Mortal Kombats are just... ugh... people are caught up more in the graphics than the gameplay.
    - Lemmings - Follow the leader, set up bridges, climb, ect... Interesting game.
    - PaperBoy - Throwing paper at people instead of the mailboxes were the way to play the game. Funny!
    - Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country - Need I say anything?

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Amazon Trail

I lost hours of my life playing it when I was in elementary school.

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Do you remember Home Alone on the Megadrive? I used to love that game so much. I was having a discussion about it the other day with my boyfriend, so that's the first thing that came into my head for this thread!

9. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

yeah they are still making these games, I just happen to have sim city 4 sitting on the desk right next to me, but it's no fun, sim city classic and 2000 were the only good ones in my opinion.

Sim city 4 was made in 2005 by Maxis (I had no clue they were still around) and EA games.

Mirage likes this.
  10. ValentinSelezynov

ValentinSelezynov Registered Member

I liked Fantastic Dizzy on the Sega Megadrive (Genesis for you Americans, i think). I also had the Mega-CD (Sega-CD for you Americans, i think) and had two really cool games. One was a QTE based game called Road Avenger, that was awesome, and another was Tomcat Alley.

Slightly older than that, on the Sega Mastersystem, there was a "built in" game called Alex the Kid, i don't know if anyone remembers that, but i loved it.