• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Good Four Wheeler for Kids

tater03

Registered Member
My husband want to get a ATV for our sons to ride around on. My question is I am looking for one that would be good for kids that are just learning? I am not really looking for one with the best speed. Of course that is the mother in my talking. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

FourBear

How old are your kids, and how big are they? Those are two very large factors in determining which ATV to get.

tater03

Registered Member
That's true. They are seven and five. They weigh 61 and 50 pounds. For some reason the idea of them flying around on one of these just scares me. But my husband says that will not be allowed to happen. We shall see.

chipinoh

I got my son an electric 4-wheeler made by Razor for about $300. It's quiet & tops out @ about 10 MPH. He loves it.

tater03

Registered Member
Thank you for your suggestion. That is exactly the speed that I am looking for. I agree I wish that they would have had these when I was young.

ACCER

Registered Member
You have to be careful. In some areas they are legislating what size etc you can get for a kid....size v/s age of the kid...etc.

technoflutemom

Registered Member
I'm going to be the dissenting voice and say to be very, very careful. I hate to see kids riding ATV because they are so dangerous and kids have very little split-second decision-making ability.

How about something that burns calories and helps their bodies develop instead of being as passive as an ATV? Mine love mountain biking.

But I'm a worry wart, don't hold it against me.

ACCER

Registered Member
Techno,
No worries, we get your drift. I happen to agree with you. I mean just because I like to play slingshot with my own body doesn't necessarily mean I have the right to risk the health and safety of my little ones!