Good Brand?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by FourBear, May 5, 2007.

1. FourBear

FourBear New Member

I really need to get myself a new pair of rollerblades...I've had my current pair for about five years! Anyone have any good recommendations? I'd like them to be decently priced, if possible.

2. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Hi ya.

What type of sk8ing do you do? Park, indoor, hockey, urban?

I like/use Oxygen skates. You pay a bit more but they are the best.:nod:
    You get what you pay for.

I would look on ebay for some good deals..That's where I go and I have killer luck on gear..

3. FourBear

FourBear New Member

I tend to shift between urban and park, depending on my mood. Hey, the price is worth it if they really are good. Thanks for the recommendation...I'll probably be doing some damage on eBay shortly. ;)

4. tater03

tater03 Registered Member

My problem is that I don't have alot of money to spend. But you're right in that alot of times you get what you pay for. I never even thought about ebay. It would be a good place to start but I would think you would have to try them on. So maybe you could find a pair you like on ebay and then try a pair on in a store. I think I just might try this myself.

5. FourBear

FourBear New Member

Never thought about that to check sizing. That certainly would make eBay buying make easier. Thanks for sharing that suggestion!

6. chipinoh

chipinoh New Member

I don't know about your neck of the woods, but inline skaters are absolutely excoriated @ skate parks around here. I've seen kids leave in tears. I believe the vernacular is "fruitbooter". :shake:

7. ACCER

ACCER Registered Member

I like my Oxygen! I live on a hill so I slap them on and go down the hill. On a good day I can outrun local car traffic!

8. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Man that sucks! Remind me not to go there.

Hell come on down to Surf City and I will sk8 with ya. Hell I'll even teach you to surf..

Have any of you sk8ed in a graveyard. I do it all the time in founders cemetery. I mainly use my blades and longboard.

No no olieing off gravestones or grinding on them either. Just pure speed.

I got clocked at 56mph on my longboard there..It blew the cops mind when I passed him. All he saw was a blur of color and long hair...:lol:

And I will also say wear spine protection, pads, gloves and a brain bucket
    or wear a cast or even worse Death!

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  9. Darksyde

Darksyde Registered Member

Fruitbooter is the term they use around here as well. I have aggro skated in a while now. Hell my last aggro skates were the 1st release of the Oxygen Argon 1.1 to give you a idea. I just dont get why there is such hatred between fruitbooters and wood pushers, hell we're all out to achieve the same things.