• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Good and bad halloween candy!

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
When you were little there was always the candy that you would eat right away and the candy that would never get eaten.

What candy did you/do you consider good to get when trick or treating?and what was bad candy?

For me I always considered the good to be full size candy bars or pretty much anything chocolate.

The bad for my friends and I would be Mary Janes and those peanut butter taffy candies in the orange and yellow wrappers. They were always the last to go.

Last edited:

viLky

ykLiv
The Good
-- 3 Musketeers
-- Butterfingers
-- Snickers
-- Skittles
-- Starbursts
-- Almond Joy
-- Junior Mints

The Bad
-- Candy corn
-- Jawbreakers
-- Candy corn
-- Red Hots
-- Candy corn
-- Anything that taste like chalk
-- Oh yeah, candy corn

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
For me the best was Reese Cups. Deliciousness in an orange wrapper. Then it would have to be Milky Ways and anything caramel. The worst for me was Almond Joys or Mounds. I hate coconut so they never really did get eaten. Usually traded them away. Followed by those Red Caps/Hot Tamales or whatever it is they were called.

wolfheart

Registered Member
Toffees were bad,and anything that was coffee flavoured.
Good candys were chocolate,the bigger the better!.

Deferring from the topic,,did i have to many drinks at lunch,cause this thread says it was started by oooh snap but has d daves avy,have i missed somethimg or am i imagining things?

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
Toffees were bad,and anything that was coffee flavoured.
Good candys were chocolate,the bigger the better!.

Deferring from the topic,,did i have to many drinks at lunch,cause this thread says it was started by oooh snap but has d daves avy,have i missed somethimg or am i imagining things?

lol you may have had too many drinks... You'll catch on soon the more you start looking around GF:nod:
------
The Good
-- 3 Musketeers
-- Butterfingers
-- Snickers
-- Skittles
-- Starbursts
-- Almond Joy
-- Junior Mints

The Bad
-- Candy corn
-- Jawbreakers
-- Candy corn
-- Red Hots
-- Candy corn
-- Anything that taste like chalk
-- Oh yeah, candy corn
guess candy corn wasnt a halloween favorite for you lol... But it is a halloween staple, so I expect it is a pretty popular one.

Last edited:

viLky

ykLiv
guess candy corn wasnt a halloween favorite for you lol... But it is a halloween staple, so I expect it is a pretty popular one.
Wax shouldn't be considered a candy! O_O

The bad for my friends and I would be Mary Janes and those peanut butter taffy candies in the orange and yellow wrappers. They were always the last to go.
Those were yummy. I'm not really a fan of chewy candy that glues your teeth together, but these were actually tasty. Do they still make these? Haven't seen 'um for awhile.

AeonFlux

I am the edge!
My favorites were always the Skittles, Starburts, Reeses and Twizzlers, followed by Blow Pops or any other suckers, and then the mini candy bars....

I hated those peanut butter flavored candies in the orange and black wrappers...bleh! So many people would pass them out too. Way too many people gave out Tootsie Rolls as well. I'd eat some of them, but then the rest would just sit in my candy bag and get old.

Last edited:

Blueyes

Registered Member
Love twizzlers, anything dark chocolate, milk duds, dots. Stuff like that.

Nothing sour, candy corn, suckers of any kind, jelly beans oh and did I mention candy corn?

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I use to not like the 'unidentified sweets' that looked as if they were homemade or something. Crappy mints as well... Or boiled sweets. I dont like sweets much in general actually...
Liked anything chocolate. And lollies were alright.

What is candy corn :confused: well whatever it is, y'all don't seem to like it!

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
Wax shouldn't be considered a candy! O_O

Those were yummy. I'm not really a fan of chewy candy that glues your teeth together, but these were actually tasty. Do they still make these? Haven't seen 'um for awhile.

Haha I guess wax shouldn't be candy. I am not a fan of it either.

They do still make them. I only know because my grandfather used to always have them around for who knows why!
------
I use to not like the 'unidentified sweets' that looked as if they were homemade or something. Crappy mints as well... Or boiled sweets. I dont like sweets much in general actually...
Liked anything chocolate. And lollies were alright.

What is candy corn :confused: well whatever it is, y'all don't seem to like it!
candy corn looks like this

and it tastes like plain old sugar mashed together in my opinion.

Last edited: