• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Good age to get married and have kids

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know there really isn't a good age to get married and have kids, you do that (most often the case) when you're ready.

But in your mind, what is your ideal age to get married and start having a family?

MiketheGrinder

Registered Member
This will probably rub some the wrong way, but I don't think it's ever a good idea to have children. They're expensive and time consuming. I can't think of a worse investment. Plus, our world isn't getting safer in the near future.

My ideal age for marriage is late twenties or older. I don't think it's ever too late for someone to marry. I'm glad my wife and I completed school before getting married, but we've been together since we were 19. Many people thought that was too young.

What's your opinion, Babe_Ruth?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
When I was teenager I always had thought 25 was the right age haha. Now I'm 34 and still dating here and there with no marriage prospect in sight, and I'm ok with it. I have brothers that got married around this age or so and had kids later and they're all great. I know with pregnancy past age 40 you run some increased risks but otherwise I say whatever age feels right for all of this stuff is what's most important. Not everyone is on the same track in life and there's nothing wrong with that. Not everyone will get married and/or have kids, and there's nothing wrong with that either.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't think that there is a right or wrong answer here...whenever you're ready. I got married at age 33 and that works for me. If I were younger it woulda been fine but the timing on this worked for me. Kids...no clue on that either. We haven't really discussed.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
21-27 marriage and kids. Just my personal thought. Its hard as hell to make ends meet when you're married that young, but if you can make it through you'll have a rock solid marriage and family.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
People still get married in their 70s, but at what age should you should stop having kids?

MiketheGrinder

Registered Member
Isn't it better for older folks to have kids? Usually it means more money, wisdom, and stability. For kids I'd go with ages 32-45. I mean, if you insist on breeding that is.

NellyBell

Registered Member
I think somewhere around your mid to late twenties. Like others have said though, it really depends on where you are in life. I know people who have gotten married at earlier and later ages and all have perfectly happy marriages and families. One thing I think is important is having a couple of years as a married couple before throwing kids into the mix.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Like @Unity I thought anywhere between 25-27 would be a good age as a teenager. As an adult, this couldn't be farther from the truth. I'm 29 now and I still don't feel ready. In all honesty, up until just recently, it felt like something that probably wouldn't happen for me. And now that I have someone who loves me and wants to spend the rest of his life with me, I'm a little freaked out by it. Not in a bad way, though; more like "geez, I can't believe this is happening and happening exactly the way I've always wanted it to happen." It feels a little surreal. I suppose it helps when you're with the right person and you can actually envision your life with them.

As for kids, we've decided to have one before I'm 34, just so that I don't run into fertility issues later on. But honestly, who knows. Is there ever a right time? Right now, things couldn't get any better for me anyways, so I'm just going with the flow.