Movies Good acting movies vs Enteraining movies

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by StroShow, Feb 22, 2010.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Quick question for everyone and you cant select both. Which movies do you prefer watching: A movie that is so well acted by the actors that most of them will be nominated for awards or a movie that is made to entertain you...like an arnold schwarzenegger movie

2. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Definitely the 1st.
    No matter how much entertaining the movie can be, it won't entertain me if there are bad actors who bring a faked entertainment.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'd rather watch a movie with great acting and a good story. To me that's more entertaining than a movie that is "made to entertain you" with over the top action scenes.

4. WesJones87

WesJones87 RayzorBlade87

I agree with EllyDicious.

Some of my favourite movies are the ones with fine acting (The Godfather, The Wrestler etc). I do like entertaining movies, but given a choice I'd go with Good Acting.

5. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Acting easily. That doesn't mean I can't switch off my brain off and enjoy some explosions but it's definitely a different type of enjoyment. Well acted films will always be a more satisfying experience all round for me. Not to mention the fact that bad acting can kill films that could've been alright if they were handled better.

6. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

To be honest with you I rather watch a movie that will entertain me rather then seeing good actors. Dont get me wrong I do enjoy a beautifully acted movie but I dont always enjoy those type of movies. I know if I'm going to see an entertaining movie I wont leave disappointed. I love JCVD, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone movies, and you cant get worse then those 3 guys lol.

7. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

I like good acting because it entertains me. So, I'm really not sure what to say here. If I'm not entertained, it's not good acting.

8. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Echoes hit it right on the head.

A movie with a good script and good acting will always beat even the best of entertaining popcorn movies.

9. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Maybe it should've been, "Good Acting Vs Special Effects and Stunts". That's pretty much how I interpreted it.

10. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

Good acting all the way... To me, if you can't act, the film isn't worth watching.