Gonzalez Headed to the Falcons

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Konshentz, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Kansas City Chiefs trade Tony Gonzalez to Atlanta Falcons - ESPN

This is a great pick-up for the Falcons. This gives Ryan (who played great last year) another great set of hands to throw to. Roddy White, Tony Gonzalez & Matt Ryan could be a dangerous trio.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow! That's a huge pick up for the Falcons, even though Gonzalez is at the tail end of his career he'll still be a good target for Matt Ryan. I think Gonzalez wanted to finish his career with the Chiefs but he also wanted to win a championship, and he believes the Falcons have a great chance to do that.

3. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Well I hate to see it, but he deserves a championship. This is the one year I'll route for Atlanta, TG really deserves a chance. Such a class act.

4. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

So I guess until the draft the Chiefs are a little low on offensive weapons now.....

5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Huge pickup for Atlanta for sure...Matt Ryan is somewhere smiling.

6. Mexican

Mexican Registered Member

A great addition to the Atlanta Falcons. He'll be an awesome leader for that young offense.

7. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Good move for Atlanta. He provides another target for Ryan and will be a good addition to the locker room.

8. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Matt Ryan's probably gonna pick up where he left off, in terms of the postseason.

9. JMG1986

JMG1986 Registered Member

Let me just say this, I'm a Panthers fan and seeing as how the Falcons are in my division this is not good news at all. Gonzo is easily still top 5, probably top 3 TE in the league and with Turner grinding it, Ryan leading it, and Roddy White emerging to be a big time WR this is not good for anyone playing ATL this year.

10. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

One thing no one talks about with Tony is his blocking ability. He hates to do it, but he really is the most complete TE in the league because of it. The Falcons are likely to win the NFC north because of this move.