Gonzales: Gitmo ruling 'hampered' war on terror

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Kazmarov, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Source

This does not make sense to me. Since when does the executive branch and its interests become the most important thing in the government?

2. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

Ok, let me get this straight... the judicial branch... aka the branch who's sole job it is to determine the constitutionality of the things the other branches do... is being criticized for deeming something the executive branch is doing unconstitutional? THAT'S THEIR JOB. It's the whole point of the system of checks and balances! To ensure that no one branch gains too much power!

Absolutely wrong of them to criticize the supreme court for their ruling.

3. I agree with Senator, this just goes to show how fucked up things are now.

4. Mecha

Mecha Guest

The Bush Administration and Republican party make me think American democracy has failed, at times. The sheer number of lies and deceit are astounding. Logic, reason and observing apparent reality itself is decryed as traitorous by these traitors.

~Mecha

5. The Bush administration acts like we are keeping the worst people in the world there...when in reality most of them are nobodys and even by the justice departments reports over half of them have done nothing wrong...i'm sure most of the people that did nothing have been converted to extremist islam by now anyway.