• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Gone with the Wind

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am not sure if a lot of people has seen this movie before, but I consider it one of the best movies of all time. There's almost everything in this movie, romance and drama being the main two. The acting is unbelievable, just look at the amazing list of great actors in this movie

Thomas Mitchell
Vivian Leigh
Barbara O'Neil
Clark Gable
Olivia de Havviland

The movie won eight oscars. If you haven't seen I consider you to do it, it's an amazing movie.

Does anyone else like this movie?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
It's one of my favorite movies. :nod: I have the book and have read it several times. I have watched the movie several times too (I have the DVD).

Have you watched the sequel to it, Scarlett? It's based on the book that got the license to continue the story of Margaret Mitchell's Gone With the Wind. It was released as tv movie, I think. Some fans don't like the sequel while some were happy for the story to continue. The movie, being more modern than Gone, appealed more to some of my friends who got a bit bored watching the other long (old) movie.

KiethBlackLion

Registered Member
I saw it a few years back. I agree, it's a great movie, but long. It's funny that people complained about Titanic being 3 hours long. Anyway, the tension between Scarlet and Rhett was nice.

Another good movie to check out is The Maltese Falcon and Casablanca.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
It's definitely a classic. I love that movie. I haven't seen it in ages though. I have never seen the sequel to it either. I've been trying to get it from Netflix but it's never available.

kerrynyc

Registered Member
Classic... one of the greatest movies in all time in my opinion! Vivian Leigh is one of my favorite classic actors!