• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Gone with the Wind

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Why???

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
It’s getting more and more ridiculous by the day. Being offended by anything that reminds us of how things once were is weak and stupid. It’s a movie that takes place during the Civil War. Slavery existed during the civil war. Why try and erase it?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Ironically, it's also the movie where an African American first won an Oscar.

To quote my friend, "If we cancel everything that was 2020 woke a hundred or 200 or 400 years ago, we lose the history of the progression we have made as a nation and a culture. We'll have no perspective on how we made progress or even what we made progress on."

dDave

V.I.P.
Just because something we consider immoral today took place in the past doesn't mean the individuals involved in that incident have a moral culpability. It's history, people need to get over it.

Shwa

V.I.P.
There was nothing in the original post (possibly my computer isn't showing a link or photo), but I'm going to assume they're trying to get rid of the movie/erase.

Nuts to that, I still have the original VHS and new DVD version. I love the movie and still do to this day, it's a piece of history that depicts many aspects of American history from that time on forward.

~Shwa

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
There was nothing in the original post (possibly my computer isn't showing a link or photo), but I'm going to assume they're trying to get rid of the movie/erase.

Nuts to that, I still have the original VHS and new DVD version. I love the movie and still do to this day, it's a piece of history that depicts many aspects of American history from that time on forward.

~Shwa
Yeah sorry I just put a why, haha. It's one of my favorite movies too. It's based on a book (are they pulling out the book too?). I have the book and I also have the "sequel', Scarlett (book and vhs haha).

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's a movie...this is kinda dumb

What's next? Blazing Saddles.?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
It's a movie...this is kinda dumb

What's next? Blazing Saddles.?
I agree it’s dumb, and I’m 100% against it. But I’m going to be really pissed if Blazing Saddles is next. I love that movie.