Movies Gone with the Wind, Citizen Kane remake...

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Now that I got your attention, I am going to mention five of the greatest movies of all time. Now some of you might not agree that these are five of the greatest movies of all time, but it's hard to debate it.

So the question of this thread is what would be your reaction if they did remakes of these great movies?

Do you think they would have the same effect as when they got released?

Do you believe there could be enough good actors to portray these great roles?

Here are the movies:

Ben-Hur
    Gone with the Wind
    Casablanca
    Citizen Kane
    Godfather(1972)

Thoughts?

2. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't think any of them should be remade. I'm not a huge fan of GWTW, but it's safe to say that remaking any of them would be blasphemy.

The sad thing is, people would see them if any of them were remade.

3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I would not want any of these remade. It wouldn't bother me as such because I don't really care, I just wouldn't watch it, but I really don't think it's worth risking the ruin of a classic. I wouldn't see the point. Apart from to make money of course. :rolleyes:

4. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

Movies like the ones that are mentioned should be left alone, never ever remade.

They are classic films and to remake them would diminish them for me, as Bex said it would just be a way for a studio to make money.
    The bit that bothers me is that people would go and see these films before seeing the original release, and if they hated the new version they would never give the original a chance.

Chances are that they would try and add or remove scenes, or worse still try and do it scene for scene.
    I for one would never pay money to see one these classics remade when I could spend the money on buying the original.

Babe_Ruth likes this.
  5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I always thought it was amusing how vigilant people are against remakes. Movies have been remade with good results before. Just because the original was great or even a classic, doesn't make it invincible.