Goldust

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by wooly, Aug 5, 2009.

1. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I'm actually watching ECW every week at the moment, for one reason - Goldust! I've always been a huge fan of Goldust, but at the moment he's looking as good as he ever has. He lost a bit of weight, gotten in pretty good shape and he's a lot faster and more.... fired up looking than we've seen him in recent times! He looked great in his match against Shelton Benjamin two weeks ago, and he really got the crowd behind him in a huge way in his match against Sheamus this week:

YouTube - Sheamus vs Goldust 2 ECW 05/08/09

I think Goldust is in a great place at the moment. A lot of the younger crowd love him cus he's been doing those novelty backstage segments with Santino, Hornswoggle and co. and a lot of the older crowd love him because he's an Attitude Era legend and a great in ring performer.

So, i know that Goldust is employed purely to put over young talent at this stage in his career, but as long as he's performing well and almost as over with the crowd as much as anyone else on ECW, i think he should get a push. I think Goldust is still one of the most talented guys on the entire WWE roster and he's got plenty more to give to the company. Give that man a title shot! :D

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009

2. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Marry me.

Er, I mean, amazing! You've spoken my feelings exactly about one of the most tireless mid-carders ever to grace the canvas. I live to hear him do the old Tourette's bit.

"You smell like Shiiiiitake mushrooms!"

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm not a fan of the gimmick but a fan of the wrestler. He's been considered a joke in the past few years and it's a real shame because he has a lot of wrestling abilities. I agree that it's good for him that he's in ECW because he's not buried like he was when he was on Raw. I really enjoy watching him wrestle.

4. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Gotta give it up to Goldust for putting on all that makeup each and every show, house show and appearance he makes. That must be a... drag! (pun)

I'm a fan of his gimmick, and I'm glad - like Kane - that he's here to put over younger talent. Having legends stay and help out instead of quitting is a nice sign that they care for the future of the business.

5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

His match with Sheamus two weeks ago was the longest one I had seen him work in ages...and then last night was good as well and i loved how he beat the crap outta Sheamus once the bell rang.

He's withstood the test of time with the gimmick...I doubt he's around to win many titles but still its been anice career for Dustin Rhodes.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I liked his gimmick when he first started especially when he had a feud with Razor Ramon, that was a classic.

But the last few years it's gone down hill and it's pretty much a joke. I wish he had no make up and had the gimmick he had in WCW where he was sort of a red neck.

7. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

But that gimmick didnt get over...this one did! Come to think of it Dustin Runnels has had a lot of gimmicks...

Goldust
    The Artist formally known as Goldust
    Dustin Runnels
    Dustin Rhodes
    Seven
    Black Reign

Anymore I'm missing haha