• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Goldust in line for a Push?

wooly

I am the woolrus
It appears Goldust may be in line for a renewed push on SmackDown after a stellar outing with Chris Jericho on a recent episode of WWE Superstars as he defeated Money in the Bank participant Dolph Ziggler at last night's SmackDown live event in Stockton, California. He also gained a victory over Mike Knox on last week's episode of WWE Superstars.

The WWE World Heavyweight Champion praised his match with Goldust on his Twitter account, writing, "I really dug the match with Goldust. He's in the best shape of his life and is as good as anybody in the WWE. Very underrated.."
How would you feel about Goldust getting a push, and how would you use him on Smackdown?

Personally i think it'd be fantastic. He's easily one of the best wrestlers on the WWE roster and he really is in the best shape of his life. He knows how to work a great match, he's naturally charismatic and he always gets the crowd behind him in a big way. I heard somewhere that after his match Jericho told Vinnie Mac that Goldust was the best wrestler he's faced in months, but i dunno how accurate that is.

I am a huge Goldust fan though, and i actually tuned into superstars to see his matches against Mike Knox and Chris Jericho. That was the first time i've watched full episodes of WWE programming in a long time!

EVen if not pushed as a singles star though, i think they could definitely do an angle with him and Cody. I can't believe they've never availed of the half-brother link between them. Whether used in a feud or as a tag team, Goldust could teach Cody a lot.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm a big Goldust fan, and really think he's underrated. Y2J is right; Goldust went from being overweight to being in the best shape he's been in a long time; he's great in the ring, really entertaining and good at getting fans fired up!

I'd give him a nice, long IC Title reign. Maybe a several-month feud with McIntyre.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think he needs to change his gimmick first and formost, I think the Goldust gimmick as run it's course. I say just give him his old Dusty Runnels gimmick that he had back in WCW.

Now back to the topic in hand, I've always been a fan of Dusty Runnels/Goldust, I agree with you when you say he's one of the most talented wrestler in the business. I think he puts on a great show when it steps into that ring and I believe he's put in his work and as been a jobber long enough to get a good push.

I think the WWE dropped the ball with him and his brother Cody, I think it could of been great, not Owen/Bret great but a very good feud, and it would be easy to for both wrestlers to carry out the feud.

All in all, I hope that the Goldust gimmick is dropped and he gets a push.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I've been praising him since his return on ECW. Jericho's right, he is underrated. And I could see him doing very well in SD's midcard with the IC title. I'm hoping he can get one last run. He's seemed to become much more responsible in this last run, no issues seemed to have come up, and he's in the best shape he's been in since he started his time as Goldust. He's not young, granted, but he's one of the most talented wrestlers on their roster, and he's still a fan favorite. He's shown in ECW he can still keep up with wrestlers half his age. I can only see good coming from him getting a push.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I just hope the push really happens and it isn't just rumors or talk. He deserves it.

BR, I have to say I like him where he's at with the Goldust gimmick at the moment. He's not as much of a weird figure as he used to be, just more of an intense wrestler with the Goldust look and mannerisms. It's one of those gimmicks that is big time established and I think the fans enjoy it.

I'm a fan of the wrestler in general though, so as long as he gets a push I don't care how it happens! lol :)

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I really hope that he get a push back into the midcard scene, I have always been a big fan of Goldust ever since the attitude era, I hope they give him a much needed push, he is so underated.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think after Wrestlemania you'll see the WWE break up legacy...its time to move Cody to Smackdown to either feud with Goldust or tag up with him. I'd prefer they feud, to be honest.

Goldust reminds me of Val Venis. Ton of talent, always overlooked. I hope they do this...er, well, they do something with him.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I think after Wrestlemania you'll see the WWE break up legacy...its time to move Cody to Smackdown to either feud with Goldust or tag up with him. I'd prefer they feud, to be honest.

Goldust reminds me of Val Venis. Ton of talent, always overlooked. I hope they do this...er, well, they do something with him.
I can realistically see them having Cody feud with Goldust. They've crossed paths (barely) in the past, and we all have yearned for a feud. I'm sure the WWE has considered it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
You make a lot of great points in your response Millz, I think that it would be a good thing for Cody to move to Smackdown and start a few fresh feuds and maybe have Orton feud with DiBiase on Raw.

I don't want to see Goldust in a tag team to be honest, because other than a few tag teams that division is a big joke. Let him try to shine on his own, by giving him a good push.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Actually if they did ever put the IC Title on Goldust (which i'd love to see) a nice long feud between two haf brothers over the IC Title could be really good! Then when Cody finally gets his hands on it, it'd be a big boost for him.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Millz Wrestling 5
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 3
wooly Wrestling 6
Millz Wrestling 8
wooly Wrestling 4