Goldust gimmick

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Most of you guys here use to watch wrestling when Goldust first made his debut. I was wondering what were your thoughts on the gimmick?

I didn't like it at all, but he pulled it off perfectly. It was very controversial, and I'm not sure if you guys knew this but Razor Ramon refused to work with Goldust. His match against Rowdy Roddy Piper at Wrestlemania XII was awesome.

So what were your thoughts?

2. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

I like Goldust's gimmick, but the problem that lies with the gimmick is really his gimmick. The writers have no idea how to use a guy like him which is a real shame because he was and still is very talented. Back in the day I could see him becoming a World Champion and he did get a decent push during the Attitude Era, by having a great feud with Shamrock. Great feuds with Val Venis as well. And now Goldust will not get a push because his character is pretty controversial for the "PG Era". The WWE needs to get there heads out of their asses and see that they are have a great worker that deserves to be on the the A show.

3. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

Goldust had an awesome match with Ted DiBiase on Superstars this week. FYI, lol.

The gimmick is awesome, and I like how it's evolved in its own way over the years. Currently they seem to emphasize his veteran status while still keeping his bizarreness a part of things. If they can mesh the two well, I could see Goldust having some meaningful feuds and even an IC or US title run.

He was great in putting over Sheamus in a feud on ECW right after he had debuted. He could do that for a lot of younger talent, but it's like the WWE can't picture him in a larger role anymore. It's said because he's in better shape than he has been in years, and can put on a great show in the ring.

4. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I thought he was a creepy dude when I saw him for the first time in 1997. I mean he would act very homosexual with his opponents in order to get inside their heads. It was smart and it worked at the time.

Now days, it doesn't work the same as it did back then. I think they dropped the ball, kinda, with Dustin Runnels because he's always had the talent. I mean remember G-TV? They just gave up on that stuff.