Goldeneye fans gather here and warm yourself

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dk_rare, Nov 25, 2005.

1. dk_rare

dk_rare Registered Member

So most gaming geeks love Goldeneye, the awesome bond movie, and even more so Nintendo fans have a soft spot for the movie, after the awesome game. So lets talk Goldeneye ^_^

From what I have seen there are two types of people, those that play the game first and then when they see the movie say "It's just like the game!". Then there are those that saw the movie first, and when they see the game they are all like "Oh wow, it is just like the movie!". So, where do you sit with it, a bond fan before or after the Goldeneye game?

Also anyone else see when bond jumps out of the archives in the movie, smashes out of the window, you can see that it is not Brosnan but his stunt man. Oh a pretty standard slip up you might say, but watch the scene closely ; ) Tip, the stuntman is black, Brosnan is not.

2. Rayzn

Rayzn Registered Member

I was never really a fan of the movie. I enjoy watching the movies though. I played the recent one that came out and it was a bad game but multiplayer was fun.

3. dk_rare

The recent Goldeneye? Nah, EA couldn't make a good shooter even if they actually tried. EA's Goldeneye is a disgrace to Rare's game and a disgrace to the very fine movie. If EA stopped trying to be BIG and just made a good game, well there wouldn't be a problem.

4. Rayzn

Rayzn Registered Member

Can't argue with that.

5. RossDude

RossDude Beep

The game made me a Bond fan. I was the type that saw the movie and said, "It's just like the game!" I played and loved the game so much, it was impossible for me to not begin loving the movies. Goldeneye is at the top of my list of favorite Bond films, too.

By the way, has anybody else been watching the Bond movie marathon they are showing on SpikeTV?

6. dk_rare

I wish, no pay tv for me. Although I always watch the "Double Oh Heaven" Bond marathon when it is in, which is usually isn't. I want the box (tin) set, but the dvds in it are just like the ones you can buy cheap in the shops. For 250 quid I expect exclusive content!

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I have the GoldenEye and TWINE US movie posters (doublesided), as well as the UK DAD poster (doublesided and WAY better than the US one), and the US 6x4 doublesided wallscrolls of James Bond (DAD), and Miranda Frost (DAD). Collected them over time but they are apparently hard to find now and worth some money. I'm a Brosnan fan more than I am a Bond fan, but I still like some of the older Bond movies. Some are classics that can't be ignored.

8. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Goldeneye is probably my favorite Bond movie. I don't remember if I saw it before I played the game or not, but I did think it was cool how they were so similar.

9. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I saw it after. The game is what got me started on James Bond. It was cool seeing it after because I recognized everything, except
    there was no platform conveniently at the bottom of the cradle.
    Do I even need to bother putting a spoiler for that? Oh well, click if you want the movie GoldenEye ruined for you. :D

10. NewGamePlus

NewGamePlus Registered Member

nnnnnnNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :-o

BLAST THY NAME ANDREW! for ye hath ruined the surprise that was the bottomless sky pit of the cradle in GOLDENEYE!!!!

*takes huge breath*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nnnnnNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :sick:

However will I live, knowing that there is actually a bottom to the cradle??? For I am broken, broken I say, in the knowledge that the game hath deceiveth me! :urp:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

NOOOOO-HO-HO-HOOOOOOOOOO!!!

and WHERE oh WHERE is my blasted big font sizes when I damn well need [email protected]$! :(