• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Goldeneye 007 Reloaded

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
With Battle Field 3 out last week and Modern Warfare 3 coming out tomorrow morning it is understandable that Goldeneye may not be looked at much and somewhat swept under the rug but I am personally quite pleased to see this back and am also quite interested in playing it again. For those who weren't around when the N64 and indeed this game was in its hay day this was possibly one of the best multiplayer shooters around, it doesn't hurt that the film was for me one of the best Bond films in my opinion but will you be playing it? Are you bothered by its release?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wasn't even aware of this until now. Here's the official site for anybody who may be wondering:

GoldenEye 007 : Reloaded | Official Game Site | Refined. Recharged. Reloaded.

And the trailer:

Launch Trailer - GoldenEye 007: Reloaded - YouTube

This looks pretty good actually. I'd love to give it a try, especially with the use of modern controls. It appears like the levels are the same as the original. Can anybody confirm? And how is this different from the recent GoldenEye game that was released? I feel like there have been several lately.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I used to love to play it on N64 and I agree, it didn't hurt that Goldeneye was one of the best Bond films. I'm excited to see this and play it and I'm not bothered by it's release at all.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Here is what I know...

(-) Daniel Craig is James Bond
(-) It changes up some of the levels and even some of the story from the original
(+) MP is expanded to more players
(+) SpecOps-like co-op mode
(+) Clean graphics

I could go on. Personally, this game should not be full retail price. It will get forgotten.

Shwa

V.I.P.
I've already played this game a little, and I have to say I'm sadly disappointed with the outcome. It's kind of weird to be playing Daniel Graig as 007 in Golden Eye, but that's not what bothers me the most. What does bother me is that the story line is cut off at some points, certain characters in the original game or movie are either not there, killed off early, or just do the opposite. They control system is ok, but I think this game was a waste of effort if they were trying to recreate a classic original. Clearly, they failed in my opinion.

I give this a 6/10.

~Shwa

Ziggy

Sup?
I'm scared that they're just going to make a cod clone and dress it up like Goldeneye.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I've already played this game a little, and I have to say I'm sadly disappointed with the outcome. It's kind of weird to be playing Daniel Graig as 007 in Golden Eye, but that's not what bothers me the most. What does bother me is that the story line is cut off at some points, certain characters in the original game or movie are either not there, killed off early, or just do the opposite. They control system is ok, but I think this game was a waste of effort if they were trying to recreate a classic original. Clearly, they failed in my opinion.
The bold statement is what is keeping me away from this game. You can't change Goldeneye too much, or it isn't Goldeneye anymore!