PC Games GoldenEye 007 Fans Rejoice!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Mirage, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Has anyone else heard about or been following the GoldenEye:Source mod for Half-Life 2?

http://www.goldeneyesource.com/

It looks like it will be insane. They are redoing all of the music, (which sounds awesome btw), as well as almost everything about the game.

It's been taking them forever to make, but I think it could be a big hit.

The only downside to it is that it will never be picked up by any developer and perfected due to obvious copyright and trademark complications. It will still be awesome for a free mod though, and I expect it to be very popular.

:)

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Will it be the entire game, or just multi-player?

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

From the looks of it, they are doing the entire multiplayer part, with plans to do the rest of the game as well. They are even doing voices and everything. (Think they will get Brosnan? :lol:)

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

He was one of my favorite Bonds. This mod is going to blow away all of the other Half-Life 2 mods. There's no way they're going to be able to compete with it.

5. RossDude

RossDude Beep

Man, that looks so cool. Some cool new stuff has been added since I last checked. The screen shots look tasty, very tasty. The music has a zesty taste as well.

6. Shawk

Shawk Registered Member

Lol, damn rights...

I cant wait to place this game, will have so many flashbacks of playing with my friends 4 screen.

7. konspiracy

konspiracy New Member

Man, this brings back memories (Last week) of me and my friends getting stoned and playing GoldenEye on N64 all day.

8. dk_rare

dk_rare Registered Member

Someone tried to do Perfect Dark on half life a while ago, never actually played it though as the only copy of half life I had was Source, and Source wont play the hl1's mods

9. RossDude

RossDude Beep

I remember checking out the PD mod project at the website. It looked about as promising as this one.

10. dk_rare

dk_rare Registered Member

It did look very good, yes, but it has been going on for as long as I can remember (infancy). I just wish these old mod projects got more support, so it was finished like BEFORE the next half life came out. On the plus side, more people can run it on the older half life 1 system, rather than it being a half life 2 mod (with high system specs needed)