Goldberg

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, May 24, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I know I've created Goldberg topics in the past, but we have a few more active wrestling members now so I've decided to create a new one.

I was curious to know what you guys thought of Goldberg? I'm talking about Goldberg when he was in the WCW not in the WWE.

I was a huge fan of his, I know his matches were only five minutes long most of the time, but during those five minutes you always got a great show from him. I know he wasn't a great wrestler, he wasn't that gifted on the microphone either, but what he did in the wrestling was amazing to me, he just destroyed his competetion.

The fans loved him and went nuts when they heard his music and saw him going towards the ring.

His streak was amazing and I believe the WCW did an amazing job with him, yes they made him untouchable for the most part but it was believable, especially after he speared The Giant and gave him the jackhammer.

I just thought he was a joy to watch.

What were your thoughts on Goldberg in WCW?

2. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

He was fun to watch, but at the time of his streak in WCW I didn't like him and couldn't wait for him to lose.

I joyfully freaked out when Hall and Nash cheated him out of his streak.

That being said, I'd love to see him back in one of the major companies, as long as he's a little more "mortal" in the ring.

Millz likes this.
  3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

It pains me to admit this but I ate up all the Golberg hype during his infamous run in WCW...at least at the beginning. By the time Kevin Nash beat him at Starccade I had had about enough of him.

Its hard to deny how over that man was though. He was one of VERY few guys WCW pushed who wasnt a house hold name already like Macho Man, Luger, Sting, Hogan, Hall, Nash etc. He was the one guy they handled the right way and the fans loved it.

4. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

I was young when WCW was on, so of course i loved goldberg, like any other young Kid, If that kind of thing happened now, i probably wouldn't be as interested.

It was so awesome when Regal was facing Goldberg, and goldberg had no idea what to do with all the technical moves and Holds:D

5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

haha I made mention of that not too long ago. Regal also worked stiff with him and didnt let him win right away. So awesome.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I loved his streak and I was pulling for him everytime he was stepping into that ring to wrestle someone. I remember when he made his debut, I was watching Saturday Night wrestling and Goldberg made his debut, he wrestled Hugh Morris. It was a pretty even match at first but then Goldberg just took over, speared him then the Jackhammer, after that match I knew he was going to be someone big in the WCW, and I loved him ever since.