• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Goldberg streak vs. Undertaker streak

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think this is going to be pretty unanimous, but I still wanted to start this thread anyway.

Undertaker's streak at Wrestlemania is currently at nineteen. Golberg went 173-0 before losing to Kevin Nash(which was a big joke, and proved that Nash had a huge ego).

Anyway, in your opinion what's the most impressive streak between the two?

Thoughts and comments?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Taker. Easily. Goldberg won on weekly tapings, Taker won on the grandest stage of them all. It's not even close.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I tell ya what I am going to pick the Undertaker's streak because it is Wrestlemania for crying out loud but I loved Goldberg's streak. It kept my attention throughout and I loved it as a kid. I think by the time it ended it NEEDED to be ended so I didn't have a problem with Kevin Nash winning. I mean hell, Nash wasn't even booking WCW back then so it's hard to blame him.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Undertaker, no doubt. Goldberg's streak was planned from the very beginning. The Undertaker's was never planned (at least I don't think it was).

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Oh wow I thought I had posted in this thread, but I guess I just thought about my answer and wandered off for a beer or something :)

Anyway, I'm going to have to go against the grain and go with Goldberg's streak. Even though Undertaker's is at the grandest stage of them all, it only happens once a year. My gut reaction to the OP is just that Goldberg was looking like this unstoppable tank ALL THE TIME during his streak and that Taker can lose outside of WM at any time.

It wasn't an easy call, though! It was like 51% of my mental votes went to Goldberg, 49% to Undertaker.

@generalblue - I think it wasn't really planned with Taker, it just kind of took off after a few times and I think they decided to maintain it after a while. I think. With Goldberg, I'm sure a streak was planned but it was also probably contingent on how well it went over with fans. Knowing WCW management they may not have known when it would end or had any ideas of who would end it as it got started.

Ziggy

Sup?
Depends really.

I never witnessed the streak because I was a WWF fanboy so I can't even look back for nostalgia's sake. But the simple fact that he won 173 matches straight, all in around 2 minutes, was crazy.

But Undertaker wins on the big stage every year. It's like winning 20 consecutive Superbowls or Grand Finals.

Undertaker wins this one.