Gold!

Saffy

Registered Member
Today my husband and i went through our jewellery and picked out some stuff we have had for years and dont wear anymore,, and never will again really. We got together a few chains, a couple of rings, some odd earrings and a couple of mangled pendants :lol: My husband took it to one of those shops that are buying gold at the moment and we got £338 !!!! I couldnt believe it, it just looked like a few bits of jewellery in a little plastic money bag:-o Amazing we had that juts sitting in little boxes and bags in our drawers:nod:

I couldn't help thinking that that is around the price of Knapp's new laptop :lol:

/stalker

That's great though. I've always wanted to do a huge clear out of everything and see how much it's all worth, but I usually just donate it bits at a time (I'm not talking about jewellery here, btw).

But yeah, congrats. :)

Saffy

Registered Member
I couldn't help thinking that that is around the price of Knapp's new laptop :lol:

/stalker

That's great though. I've always wanted to do a huge clear out of everything and see how much it's all worth, but I usually just donate it bits at a time (I'm not talking about jewellery here, btw).

But yeah, congrats. :)
i was surprised at how much we got,,, (pity i bought myself a new laptop in May:rolleyes::lol:) i have thrown out or given away i dont know how many big black sacks of clothes over the past couple of years,,,and just recently found out we can sell them too! you phone the people and they come and collect it and weigh it at your door!:lol: the good thing about selling gold is it dont matter if its broke or odd earrings etc,, its just the weight they want:)

Saffy

Registered Member
Glad to hear you got a nice payout. I can't help but feel they're scamming you on the adverts.
yea i know... we didnt send it off or anything, took it straight to the shop and they tell you how much then you can decide if you want to sell or not:)

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I was never a fan of gold or jewelry, so I don't have anything I could sell like that. I do have a bunch of crap that I need to get rid of, but can't be arsed to have a garage sale.

I pawned my first wedding ring, ages ago, and got $36 for it. :-/

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Persoanlly I'd be saving precious metals right now and not selling it. I've been buying up silver and little bits of gold lately. If inflation hits and fiat money collapses, precious metals will still be solid in value.

Last edited:

Saffy

Registered Member
I was never a fan of gold or jewelry, so I don't have anything I could sell like that. I do have a bunch of crap that I need to get rid of, but can't be arsed to have a garage sale.

I pawned my first wedding ring, ages ago, and got $36 for it. :-/
oh i always liked gold,, still do actually, probs get about 400 just for what i have on now:lol:

JodieB

Registered Member
oh i always liked gold,, still do actually, probs get about 400 just for what i have on now:lol:
thats alot, lol
i like gold put not too much, just a few pieces like one i wear all the time and a few different ones for special occasions and a few nice rings

but dont think id get £400 :)

Saffy

Registered Member
thats alot, lol
i like gold put not too much, just a few pieces like one i wear all the time and a few different ones for special occasions and a few nice rings

but dont think id get £400 :)
you would be very surprised,, i was for sure. Of course no good selling stuff you like and wear,, but this lot was just sat in boxes and wasnt going to be used.