• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Going to the Theatre

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
How many people here enjoy going to the theatre? And for all you Americans out there I don't mean cinema, aka movie theatre, but I mean stage theatre.

I have always loved seeing stage productions. Over the years I have seen many, everything from Shakespeare to musicals, big budget companies and little small town theatre groups. Even just going to see something like a stand-up comedian is fun.

I think for me though my absolute favourite thing to see on stage is musicals. My three favourite musicals I have seen on stage are Wicked, Chicago and RENT. A few others I loved have been CATS, Sweet Charity, Bugsy Malone, The Who's Tommy etc etc.

What are some of your favourites? How many of you like going to the theatre?

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
My favorite spoken-word performer is Henry Rollins; there's an intensity to him in-person that just doesn't come across through digital media. I've always been a sucker for social-commentaries. One farsical production I saw a few years back was called "Walmartopia." I think theatre has always had a small place in my heart because the oral tradition is pivotal to human development. (Musicals are very hit or miss for me, though)

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
I actually wanted to watch a BBC version of Hamlet on Netflix tonight, with Patrick Stewart, but my English paper is keeping me from doing that. :(

I enjoy the theatre, and think its underrepresented in a lot of places. Although Winnipeg isn't necessarily one of them. I haven't been anywhere near as much as I should, because a lot of times it can be very expensive, and that not only puts a $$$ burden on me, but it also makes it hard to find accompaniment. Especially when finding accompaniment to go to the theatre is hard in the first place; it can be a risky endeavour at times, because there's a loooot of really boring theatre out there.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I'd go with you jay haha. I love a good play. Even if the story gets boring, I like just watching the actors and how they attempt to portray their part. Musicals are the best because I love cheesy songs haha. Especially comedical ones.

Saffy

Registered Member
How many people here enjoy going to the theatre? And for all you Americans out there I don't mean cinema, aka movie theatre, but I mean stage theatre.

I have always loved seeing stage productions. Over the years I have seen many, everything from Shakespeare to musicals, big budget companies and little small town theatre groups. Even just going to see something like a stand-up comedian is fun.

I think for me though my absolute favourite thing to see on stage is musicals. My three favourite musicals I have seen on stage are Wicked, Chicago and RENT. A few others I loved have been CATS, Sweet Charity, Bugsy Malone, The Who's Tommy etc etc.

What are some of your favourites? How many of you like going to the theatre?
I recently got in to going to the theatre as my daughter has taken an inteerest in Ballet (watching, shes 24 and too old to start now lol) So we have seen Sleeping Beauty, Romeo and Juliet and Swan Lake. We did also go to see Hairspray which was fun:D The next one we have tickets for at the moment is La Fille Mal Gardée and we are trying to get tickets for Legally Blond which dont come to our theatre till sept 2012:-o:lol: I am loving going to the theatre everythign about it, and I get to spend some time with our daughter and we usually go for a nice meal after, or meet up beforehand for drinks depending on time:)

shelgarr

Registered Member
Love the theatre! Musicals are my favorite too! Most recently I've seen Beauty and the Beast. Before that it was Wicked, Grease, Lion King, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Damn Yankees, 42nd Street, Rent, Westside Story, Fiddler on the Roof and some that I am forgetting.

karaixx

Registered Member
Unfortunately, I don't go as much as I would like to. My favorite productions are comedies. I don't like musicals, I get bored with them. I would love to see a Shakespear play, it's hard to get a ticket here for that, tickets sell out very quickly.

Shwa

V.I.P.
I've seen a couple of plays during middle school and high school, I really like them since most of them I've never heard of and when I watch the plays, I absolutely love it by the end.

~Shwa

viLky

ykLiv
I'm not really a fan. Growing up going to movie theaters all my life and FINALLY going to an actually play theater, it was like going from PlayStation 3 back to Atari. Ok, I can understand why people like it, and it may be fun for awhile, but I'll eventually get over that and would want to get the hell out of there.

I'm a graphics whore equivalent to whatever it may be called compared to a theater.